cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchgfx crash / garbage on screen

ankitmcgill
Associate II

0693W00000APLJJQA5.jpgI am trying to setup touchgfx on a STM32H743II based custom board. When I run the code, it seems that

1. only part of the screen is getting updated with some (wrong) fb data
  2. remaining screen is noise
  3. irrespective of my touchgfx screen color, I always see the same output on my display leading me to believe it could be some wrong pointer / address issue

What I have tried and confirmed

1. external SDRAM is working fine. Have done a write / read / compare test and it passes. it is mapped at SDRAM BANK 1 (0xc0000000)
  2. display is working fine. I am able to show a proper image by pointing LTDC layer 1 buffer pointer to a c array containing image data

any idea what could be happening here

2 REPLIES 2
Kingfishj8
Associate

That image looks like what I got when I attached a bigger display (and the screen pixel width and height changed), so check the width/height pixel counts.

It also doesn't hurt to do a review on the front & back porch values etc....and make sure you're looking at the right number of bytes per pixel if you're filling the buffer from a C loop (i.e. rgb565 uses 2 bytes where rgb888 uses 3).

Now I just gotta figure out why the screen looks like crap when trying the animated screen transitions.

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello ankitmcgill,

What is your display interface ? Would it be possible for you to share the project on this post ?

/Alexandre