Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Code generating and Simulator error

DSham
Associate II

I installed touch 4.10

select STM32429I-Disc1

after combining package:

1 At startup and when I pressed "Run Target" or "Generate Code" the program shows:

"Error during code generation".

2 When I pressed "Run Simulator":

"Unable to lounch simulator".

When forming a project from CubeMX, the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what's the matter?

59 REPLIES 59
Ok. I think something is wrong with your tool installation. Please start again and install the latest touch gfx again and be sure your ST Cube ide is the latest version and install again if necessary.
Also recommend to download the latest STM programmer tool.
With only the Pool Lights gui, it has to work. Do not add any widgets. Just import the gui example for these tests.
Please post your results.
Later today, once at the office, will share our complete project folder with you for the pool lights demo and this target kit. Then you should be able to compile our project without any issues for similar testing. This has to work.
Just reading this thread again.
What is your target kit?
I believe we also have the other kit shown in your screen grabs but need to do some digging to confirm.
Our positive results are for the *STM32F429 based kit (STM32F429I-DISC1).*
*If you start fresh and use the STM32F429-disco kit, what are the results
in the simulator?*
MedBoy
Associate II

hello @Mon2​ ,

My board is STM32F746G Discovery Kit. but this is not important now. because i can not run project with simulator 🙂

should i install stm32cubeide with touchgfx? i install cubeide but i can not install toolchain. gave me error attached picture.

also i uninstall all programs, reinstall. but results are same .

Select the firmware updater as linked in the pop-up screen. Allow it to update your tools.
Will try the same procedure once at the office.
The issue is that you are compiling for a cpu and that cpu series is not yet supported in your tool chain installation.
That is why you are receiving the path is missing error code.
Once you install the target cpu compiler support, this will all work.
Keep going and post your results.
Guessing that you are missing the STM32F7 series support in the tool chain.
A trick is to launch the IDE and then start a fresh project and use the board selector. Select the kit you own and the IDE will automatically download and install the dependencies.
This process should also correct the TouchGFX issues you are facing.
MedBoy
Associate II

Hi again and thanks for your helps. you are so uncomplaining 🙂 thanks again.

now i am installing toolchain from toolchain manager as you can see in picture. i gave that error.

Select Install anyways.
MedBoy
Associate II

i installed 2 segment . but i bought same error. should i change another settings?

MedBoy
Associate II

this is my settings