cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.24.0 new project creation error

Eric Z.
Associate II

I simply wanted to create a new TouchGFX project for Riverdi STM32 Embedded Display.  It gave me "Combination of Riverdi STM32 Embedded Display & Blank UI failed" error all the time.

I've tried uninstall the legacy versions and re-install, but no luck.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 104133.png

=====================================================================================

Update:

• Demo creation shows the unexpected error.Screenshot 2024-07-04 113909.png

Please see error log attached.

=====================================================================================

Update:

• Tried on another Win10 machine.  Same error.
  • Tried to re-install "VC_redist.x64".  Same error.

Update:

• 4.23.0 gave the same error.
  • 4.22.0 and .1 work just fine.

Update:

V4.22.0 and .1 gave failure while code generation:

C:/TouchGFX/4.22.0/env/MinGW/msys/1.0/Ruby30-x64/lib/ruby/3.0.0/win32/registry.rb:910:in `encode': U+7F51 to IBM437 in conversion from UTF-16LE to UTF-8 to IBM437 (Encoding::UndefinedConversionError)

Screenshot 2024-07-05 094245.png

Above checkbox fixed the encoding error.

Update:

The above checkbox fixed the V4.24.0 project creation error, but it gives me target failure during running on target.

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
gcc/Makefile:330: recipe for target 'TouchGFX/build/bin/target.elf' failed
make[2]: *** [TouchGFX/build/bin/target.elf] Error 1
gcc/Makefile:326: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed
make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
../gcc/Makefile:51: recipe for target 'all' failed
Failed
Failed

As per https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-touchgfx-and-gui/build-failing-at-bin-target-ellf/td-p/684460 suggested, I am reverting to V4.23.2 now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric Z.
Associate II

The checkbox resolved the project creation error.

EricZ_0-1720797097702.png

Running on target error might need to be discussed and resolved in other threads.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Madrac
Associate II

Hello, I've just installed TouchGFX Designer and it gave me the same "Combination" error trying the Custom Trigger Action Example with the STM32H7B3I-DK demoboard (correct resolution). It gave me the same error for another valid example.

Closing TouchGFX Designer and restarting the system solved the problem on the next instance of TouchGFX Designer in my case.

(Probably it won't help a lot but at least it is something that is not related to that specific board and it might be easier to fix for the ST.)

Hello @Eric Z. ,

Based on the error, it seems like you are trying to create a project in a directory that was previously used. 
Could you please create a project in a different directory? (the path should not contain spaces)

And also, could you please try different projects? I wonder if it is specific to the Riverdi TBS or not

Thank you

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi Madrac, thanks for your reply. Indeed, it's not related to a specific board. Hope ST can fix this soon.  

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your reply.  I've tried using different directories with different names without spaces, but no luck.  I've tried other boards, and find that all of the partner boards give the error.  Other ST boards work fine. Hope this could rule out some factors.

Hello @Eric Z. ,

I saw your updates on the post, and I'm glad that you managed to resolve the issue. 
Do the partner boards still face "Combination failed" error or face "target failed"?

Mohammad MORADI

Hi Mohammad,

This issue was partially resolved.

v4.24.0: project creation works well on partner boards, but has following errors while running on target.

Linking CM7/TouchGFX/build/bin/target.elf
CM7/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc\libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a(LCD24bpp.o): In function `touchgfx::LCD24bpp::DecompressorRGB_QOI::blitCopyARGB8888(unsigned char const*, touchgfx::Rect const&, touchgfx::Rect const&, unsigned char)':
(.text._ZN8touchgfx8LCD24bpp19DecompressorRGB_QOI16blitCopyARGB8888EPKhRKNS_4RectES6_h+0x328): undefined reference to `touchgfx::paint::flushLine(unsigned long*, int)'
(.text._ZN8touchgfx8LCD24bpp19DecompressorRGB_QOI16blitCopyARGB8888EPKhRKNS_4RectES6_h+0x4e2): undefined reference to `touchgfx::paint::flushLine(unsigned long*, int)'
CM7/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc\libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a(LCD24bpp.o): In function `touchgfx::LCD24bpp::DecompressorRGB_QOI::blitCopyRGB888(unsigned char const*, touchgfx::Rect const&, touchgfx::Rect const&, unsigned char)':
(.text._ZN8touchgfx8LCD24bpp19DecompressorRGB_QOI14blitCopyRGB888EPKhRKNS_4RectES6_h+0x46a): undefined reference to `touchgfx::paint::flushLine(unsigned long*, int)'
(.text._ZN8touchgfx8LCD24bpp19DecompressorRGB_QOI14blitCopyRGB888EPKhRKNS_4RectES6_h+0x4ea): undefined reference to `touchgfx::paint::flushLine(unsigned long*, int)'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [CM7/TouchGFX/build/bin/target.elf] Error 1
gcc/makefile_cm7:442: recipe for target 'CM7/TouchGFX/build/bin/target.elf' failed
make[3]: Leaving directory 'c:/Users/i-worx/Desktop/MyApplication'
make[2]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2
gcc/makefile_cm7:438: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory 'c:/Users/i-worx/Desktop/MyApplication'
Makefile_cm7:51: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/i-worx/Desktop/MyApplication/gcc'
../../gcc/Makefile:10: recipe for target 'flash' failed
make: *** [flash] Error 2
Failed

v4.23.2: all good.

I am using v4.23.2 for development now.

Thanks.

Okay, I see. 
I will contact the partners.

Thank you for your feedback.
Good luck

Mohammad MORADI
Eric Z.
Associate II

The checkbox resolved the project creation error.

EricZ_0-1720797097702.png

Running on target error might need to be discussed and resolved in other threads.