cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.17.0 ,"you are not connected to internet" error is showing

SV
Associate

Hi,

when TouchGFX 4.17.0 is opened I'm getting an error stating no internet connectivity even though my laptop is connected to internet . also in the selection of boards I'm not getting any board option .

thanks and regards

sinduja

62 REPLIES 62
EMir.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have the same problem with touchGFX 4.17 , 4.18.0 and 4.18.1 with Win7.

Someone have solved this problem?

Thanks

Enal

JClar.7
Associate II

I got an answer to my support ticket. It looks like they're not going to fix it for Windows 7 users. I did repeatedly try to make it clear to them that the issue could be resolved by enabling TLS 1.2 on the server and did not actually require an update to the client app, but they never acknowledged those parts of my messages. Their response to the support ticket below:

"

I just got the final answer from the TouchGFX technical team :

"It was decided that we will not try to support Windows 7 or 8 for TouchGFX 4.17 and above.

The workaround would be to send them the .tpa for the boards they wish to work with and have them add it to the \TouchGFX\4.18.0\app\packages.

It is in our plan (for 4.19 maybe) to have a package to share will all the tbs, or an open git repo but it won't be in the near future."

I think this decision is not only based on TLS but also on internal circuitry of the Designer that relies on Windows SDL2 API.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

"

acase.1
Associate

I have installed the 4.18.1 version of the Designer. This message is visible "You are not connected to the internet".

So I can't access the examples.

My internet connection works perfectly.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Hi,

Try opening a browser like Microsoft Edge to make sure TouchGFX can access the server.

Are you working on Windows 10 or another version ?

/Romain

acase.1
Associate

Hi,

I have opened the Firefox browser and I am accessing the internet correctly.

I am working on Windows 7.

Are there any problems with windows 7? I hope not....

Unfortunately yes. TouchGFX version 4.17 and above do not support Windows 7 nor 8. You can still work with it but cannot access the server. For exqmple you can create projects with TouchGFX 4.16 and then open them with TouchGFX 4.18.1 to update them.

/Romain

MMaun.1
Associate

Unfortunately this problem has been persisted now for 6 months. I have tried to install 18.1 and then 16.1 but with no luck. I do not have existing installation since I have changed my computer several times. I know some IT departments are slow but 6 months....

Below I have screen shot from TGFX 16.1, which tells that I have no access to packages.json.zip on packages.touchgfx.com site. Which is correct since either ping nor traceroute could not find the site. So the problem is not the operating system or its version but the server. There is no longer any site called touchgfx.com. Its forwarding to st.com site.

This situation is sad because the program itself is excellent in its field.

0693W00000JMY84QAH.png

p2399
Associate II

I confirm that I have the same situation in class where we use the program with students. For 36 computers, some TouchGFXs work and some do not (interestingly, the computers are identical in terms of hardware and software).

TouchGFX 4.17, Windows 10

I have version 4.15 installed on my private computer and it also stopped working.

Hi,

The server was down yesterday. Another post on the forum was put to warn people. It should now be back to normal.

/Romain

Hi,

What OS are you using ? Yesterday the server was down as well but it should now be back to normal.

Would moving to the latest versions of TouchGFX be an option for you ? If I recall correctly there was an issue with this version concerning proxy logins. I cannot remember if it impacted 4.16.1 or 4.17 though.

This post unfortunately also mixes different issues. Could you be more specific on your issue exactly ? How long have you been trying, on what versions, did you try opening microsoft edge before opeing touchgfx to make sure it has access to internet, etc... Could you share your log file as well ? You can find it under %appdata%/Roaming/TouchGFX-4.16.1

/Romain