cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch screen wiggling/shaking, need help to improve performance!

VSimu.1
Associate III

Hello,

We have problems with the touch screen performance. Is there a way to make this better?

We are using the TouchGFX Example project with the same poor results "Smart Embedded display 7.0" with the "Swipe Container Example".

Basically if I hold my finger on the Swipe Container, the swipe container continuously wiggles left/right even though I am keeping my finger as still as humanly possible. We observe the same behavior with a Slider widget.

We initialize with these settings in our custom application, which then has slightly better performance than the example.

hal.setTouchSampleRate(2);

hal.setFingerSize(20);

hal.setDragThreshold(5);

It seems I have tried every possible combination to try to improve this. Whatever I do, I still get some wiggle. The Example projects perform far worse than this on this display. Any advice would be appreciated.

Even a reference to what settings you guys have had the most success with on other boards would be helpful. Maybe I can use that experience to improve the performance on my board and hopefully get rid of this wiggling. The wiggling/shaking makes the whole product seem it has poorer quality, even though it has some fantastic features/functionality, which are not affected by this. But its the optical impression on the customer which this is really making bad.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VSimu.1
Associate III

Resolved.

Setting setFingerSize() and setDragThreshold() to the same value fixed it for us:

hal.setFingerSize(20);

hal.setDragThreshold(20);

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VSimu.1
Associate III

Resolved.

Setting setFingerSize() and setDragThreshold() to the same value fixed it for us:

hal.setFingerSize(20);

hal.setDragThreshold(20);