cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch GFX and I2C sensors on the same bus

LKade.1
Associate II

Hi All ,

I am doing a projet using STM32f469I disco board with Touch GFX i able to run the Touch GFX GUI properly but when i try to conncet the I2C sensors to the same bus the I2C is always busy with the Touch GFX. hence i am not able to initialize the I2C sensors. Could anyone provide something to wok with it Such that the Touch GFX and other I2c sensors are on the same Bus and works efficentlz.

With Regards

Lakshminarayana KS

2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Be careful, if you are using I2C1 (PB8/PB9) for your sensors, LCD touch panel is using the same bus.. Refer to the schematics from this link.

So you need to manage I2C bus addresses .. LCD touch panel I2C address is 0x54 and pull-up resistors are already available on the board.

Arduino connector:

0693W00000DnWJjQAN.pngLCD touch panel:

0693W00000DnWJyQAN.pngMCU:

0693W00000DnWKDQA3.pngSofLit

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LKade.1
Associate II

Hi SofLit,

Thanks i am Aware that I2C1 is located on the PB8 and PB9 but my problem is when Touch GFX hold the line busy always without allowing the bus for other sensors hence not able to initialize the sensors or able to work with it.( i.e My STM32f469I discovery has only one I2C bus avaiable for both touch and other sensors)

Hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks in adavance