cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MX Cube pins are changing without a notice!

BHell.1
Associate II

I'm using STM32MX Cube to assign pins for different features.

I have a lot of communication ports and GPIO:s enabled in my STM32H750.

I have prototype 1 working, I noticed that when I add for instance an extra I2C other pins move without notice. For instance, LTDC RGB pin R0 moves to another pin on STM32.

I have also seen that LTDC is disabled suddenly wihtout any notice.

Quesiton. Is it possible to lock current pins in STM32MX cube?

Else How do I see all pins that changed when I add a new I2C? is there any log file?

This is a bit stupid from my point of view. And it may cause a lot of issues in next revision of this board if I dont tanke my time and check all 240 pins...

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob S
Principal

Hmmm... just saw the "Keep current signals placement" option in the "Pinout" pop-up menu I mentioned above. This does NOT put thumb tacks on all the pins but does claim to prevent Cube from moving all signals. One click and you are done.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bob S
Principal

Yes - right-click on the pin and click on "signal pinning". You should then see a thumb tack icon on that pin. This gets tedious on large pin count devices. A possibly easier way is to click on the "\/ Pinout" menu in the light blue bar across the top, then select the "Pins/SIgnals options" menu. This brings up a dialog that lists all the pins. You can then click on each line in the "thumb tack" column to pin each signal. Still tedious but quicker than right-clicking on each pin in the chip view.

Bob S
Principal

Hmmm... just saw the "Keep current signals placement" option in the "Pinout" pop-up menu I mentioned above. This does NOT put thumb tacks on all the pins but does claim to prevent Cube from moving all signals. One click and you are done.

BHell.1
Associate II

ok, thanks.

That was the setting I was looking for:-)

Have a great day!