cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4R9I-EVAL : How to select the MB1315 screen ?

Aksl
Associate III

Hello everyone !

I'm using an STM32L4R9I-EVAL board to work on a GUI with TouchGFX and I want to use the MB1315A rectangular screen, and not the MB1314 (little round screen) because it better fits my needs.

So I created a dummy project with TouchGFX (it only displays a small image), I generated the code, imported it in STM32CubeIDE (using File->Open Projects From File System), ran it, and the image is correctly displayed on the MB1314 little round screen. I tried unplugging the MB1314 but the display does not fall back to the larger MB1315A screen.

Here is my question : How do I configure which screen should be used ? How to use the MB1315A instead of the MB1314 ?

Note : I haven't been able to find the datasheet of the MB1315A, if anyone ever saw it I would be glad to have it too 😉

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Aksl​ ,

You can refer to the following example provided under the L4 Firmware package:

• Path: Projects\STM32L4R9I-EVAL\Examples\BSP

In fact, in this example, we have two configurations: 

• STM32L4R9I_EVAL-DSI: For the round screen (MB1314)
  • STM32L4R9I_EVAL-RGB: For the rectangular screen (MB1315A)

BeST Regards,

Walid

Hello,

Thanks, I had not thought about looking into the examples. I compiled and flashed the STM32L4R9I_EVAL-RGB successfully. However I can't have it working : when running, I'm having an I2C error, the I2Cx_Error() error handler is called from the function I2Cx_ReadMultiple, apparently because of a timeout. My MB1315 screen is correctly plugged on the CN20 connector (just like the README wants).

Some parameters passed to I2Cx_ReadMultiple are marked as <optimized out>, I thought that may be the cause, so I removed the optimization (turned -Os into -O0), but now I have a hard fault in __libc_init_array because of a jump at some wrong location...

What can I be missing ?

Note : The STM32L4R9I_EVAL-DSI project works perfectly fine