cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4R7AI display resulotion support - where can i find it for the LCd-TFT?

Tbear.1
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Have you looked at the product Datasheet , in the "LCD-TFT controller (LTDC) characteristics"  section (Table 123. LTDC characteristics)

You have also the AN4861 "LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs", for more clarification.

You can review the LTDC example with STM32L4R9I-EVAL board (under STM32CubeL4 package) uses LTDC, so it's the perfect example for you to start with:

\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.0\Projects\STM32L4R9I-EVAL\Examples\LTDC

Hope that helped you!

When your question is answered, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button.  This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Tbear.1
Associate II

Thank you Imen

yes on both reading material,

however i was looking for something concreate if it does or doesnot support 320x480

and this does not appear in the app notes or the data sheet

i am planning to Use the RGB interface and the MIPI is what exists on the STM32L4R9I-EVAL board, which uses a 390x390 display

so i am stiil not sure this helps me,

is there a place where it is stipulates if it does or does not support this?

thanks

Tzachi

MM..1
Chief II

Your question isnt good defined, in teory you can support 10000x10000 or any number when display used have own framebuffer and you dont need x frames per second.

When you ask does it support 30Hz ... calculation for MCU RAM/CLK/BUS/BPP can aproximate yes or not.

Hbfdb.1
Associate

Your question isn't always true defined, in idea you could guide 10000x10000 or any range here when display used have own framebuffer and also you do not need x frames in step with 2d.

Hi @Tbear.1​ ,

Sorry for my delayed answer.

You mainly need to check the pixel clock of the display to use it, you should match the Table 14. STM32L4+ maximal supported pixel clock (in the AN4861).

And also the used memory bandwidth since it is the main bottleneck of GFX perf.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen