cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7B3I DK/TouchGFX Designer 4.17 Cannot create new projects

MLook.1
Associate III

Since upgrading from 4.15 I've not been able to create new blank projects or any of the examples when selecting by board. The error message is: "Combination of STM32H7B3I & Blank UI failed" for the blank example the version is v 3.0.7 which appears to be the most recent.

10 REPLIES 10
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

This is strange. Could you try to go to the %appdata% folder and then to the /Roaming/TouchGFX-4.17.0 and share the TouchGFX logfile ? Then delete what is inside the folder, open TouchGFX Designer again and try to create a project with the STM32H7B3dk

/Romain

Here is the log before a clear out after attempting to create a blank project

And after a clear out it is doing the same thing, here is the log for it

Thank you for the log files. In the mean time as a workaround, add the shared tpa file to the C:\TouchGFX\4.17.0\app\packages folder, open Designer and try to create a project again.

/Romain

EDIT: i sent the v3.0.6 instead of 3.0.7, give it a try anyway

v3.0.7

Will give it a try. Looking at the log looks like an image is not on the server where it is supposed to be and so it aborts the download, (I can access the preceding image through a browser). I'm guessing the files I need come after the failed image.

You are right, Designer was trying to download the STM32G071-AIRCON-REMOTE-DEMO-back.png image from the server but the one online is the STM32G071-AIRCON-REMOTE-DEMO-Back.png 😅. I fixed that, could you give it a try again after cleaning the folder again ? (I doubt this is actually the reason for the issue, or maybe not the only one though).

/Romain

It is now getting past the image, but aborting on the download of STM32H7B3I-DK-3.0.7.tpa so getting closer. Log file is attached.

Hi MLook.1

Are you still facing your issue ? We have fixed a couple of TouchGFX Designer bugs for the next release but yours is still a bit of a mystery on our side (the 995 error message to be precise).

If you have the time could you confirm that you put the STM32H7B3I-DK-3.0.7.tpa I shared in the /D/TouchGFX/4.17.0/app/packages folder ? Could you share once again your Logfile ?

/Romain