cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747-DISCO with TouchGFX and ADC

JAbra
Associate II

Hi. I'm using a STM32H747-DISCO to sample a signal and would like to display the result on the TFT-display.

I have written a program code that do the ADC-sample in CubeIDE and I'm only using the M7 core, the M4 Core is put in sleep mode.

I started TouchGFX and ran a simple example and it worked.

Now to the problem.

The ADC code is written in C using a CubeIDE-project.

TouchGFX export C++ code without a CubeIDE-project. This use RTOS and it's hard to understand which core it's using or if it's using both cores.

How can I export the TouchGFX code so I can debug it in CubeIDE and implement the ADC and GPIO functions?

12 REPLIES 12

Hello,

thanks for the answers.

My goal is to create a playing field (tennis racket + ball) in TouchGFX and then control the racket with an analog joystick. I would like to control the tasks of the game with semaphores. This means that debugging alone is not enough. I would have to integrate the TouchGFX into my CubeIDE project.

Is such a thing possible? Or there is a manual for it.

Many thanks in advance.

Ovi

HBCH
Associate II

Hello.

Thats exactly what I was describing above. Its not an easy task and at the moment, I'm not able to get such a merged app to run. As I wrote above, it starts but then waits indefinitely on a event-queue which would be triggered by a DMA-interrupt which doesn't occur.

Other problems are the Clock-Setup which can't be made similar in the CubeMX- generator, different OS-version... its endless.

I haven't found a manual to do it, that the reason why I asked in the forum.

HBCH
Associate II

Hello.

That is exactly what I tried to do. I tried to migrate a TGFX-app into CubeIDE. I ported some of the TGFX-generated code into a CubeMX-generated project. As I worte above, it compiles, the external memories are available but it doesn't run. It waits indefinitely on a queue which should be triggered by an interrupt which doesn't occur. There is no manual to do this, there is even no documentation how the TGFX-generated app is working in general. In my opinion, the doc reachable on the web for TGFX is a joke. Despite of all pof this, CubeMX even has it own bugs such as not implementing interrupt-routines etc. That was the reason I'll wrote into the forum but so far, no help.

I'll try to follow the advise from Martin, using the TGFX-generated project, maybe I get a step further.