cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747- Disco, CubeIDE v.1.10.1 Error during the following: Hi All, I'm having trouble to determine the reason why even a basic screen (white bckgrnd with 3-10 text letters) fail to display CM7. This happen with SD Card peripheral with CM4.

Hiram Hyman
Associate III

Memory stack/heap size were increased. Even tried to use DMA with no change.

The screen is dimmed and colors aren't the ones designed.

I'm learning about the DMA setup for this Kit so, knowledge about it's complete setup is unknown to me.

Also, when trying to debug dual core CM7 & CM4, CM4 loads and waits for CM7 but, CM7 brings the following error-> (error message from debugger back end:

Load failed Failed to execute MI command:)

The above maybe? related. I'm running CM7 now with and without SD Card only and the results are the same when CM7/CM4 clock is at 75Mhz(Automatically).

When it's 400 and 200, the screen is okay until SD Card is added. During this time however it's automatically (CM4 too) configured to 75 Mhz.

AN5361 (Getting started with projects based on dual-core STM32H7 microcontrollers in STM32CubeIDE) guide hasn't been able to help me with this issue.

If it anyone can provide assistance, It's greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
MM..1
Chief II

Your board use 4�? capacitive touch LCD display module with MIPI® DSI interface

DSI interface is clock sensitive, then problem isnt screen , this is only result.

What is automaticaly 75 ????

Hiram Hyman
Associate III

Hi,

By automatically, this is the solution derived via clock configuration.

SDMMC clock mux is configured to 75Mhz and so is CM7 and CM4.

Next boy , that edit TGFX created project and add hw over ioc?

H7 have around 10000 clock config combination 3PLL and indep MMC and DSI ...

Hiram Hyman
Associate III

Yes, the project HW was added over ioc. I considered before that the problem maybe power related. For example, I'm using CM4 in addition to CM7. CM4 for JoyStick and SD Card. CM7 for the screens (no problem for screens) until SD CARD is included.

I reviewed the users manual for the Kit and it states:

Using STLINK-V3E along with powering through external power It can happen that the board requires more than 300 mA of supply current. It cannot be supplied from the host PC connected to the STLINK-V3E USB port for debugging or programming the STM32H747XIH6. In such a case, the board can be supplied through CN8 pin8 (marked VIN on the board) or CN14. To do this, it is important to power the board before connecting it with the host PC, which requires the following sequence to be respected: 1. Set jumper JP6 in the E5V or U5V position 2. Connect the external power source to CN8 pin8 or CN14 3. Check that the green LED LD8 is turned on 4. Connect the host PC to USB connector CN2

Hiram Hyman
Associate III

Okay,

If anyone who is using and are having issues with CubeIDE 1.10.1 running dual cores, AN5136 is the main source to start debugging.

For my case however, after following AN5136, I had to start each processor debug individually.

1. I started CM4 debug first on the Stm32H747. Notice, that It's automatically waiting for the response HSEM from CM7. In the debug window.
  2. Start now to debug CM7. Finished loading, notice that it too is waiting in the debug window.
  3. In the debug window you will notice (Suspended: Breakpoint) for both Cores.
  4. While holding down CTRL, select each core in the debug window.
  5. Lastly, press the resume icon (near the debug icon). Now the debug window should read that both cores are running.

I have not had success grouping the cores and launching them as a group yet. After determining the issue, I'll post what I find.

My screens were designed in Touch GFX, peripherals added in CUBE MX to later compile and Run in Cube IDE. With CM7 clocked at 400 and CM4 at 200Mhz, I still have an issue with the screen being split in half with different colors like a rainbow.

It's being in stated in MX that QUAD SPI is partially disabled due to conflict with SDMMC1. I still need to learn about the issue surrounding the conflict but, I'm open to suggestions.