cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32h743i + touchgfx

feelingoflight
Associate III

Hello.

Im trying to flash evaluation board STM32H743I-EVAL with help of touchgfx designer 4.10.0.

In the simplest case i create project with application template ST STM32H743I EVAL and without any elements (no backgrounds, buttons etc.).

But when i try to flash (button "run target"), i havethis:

make -f target/gcc/Makefile -j10 flash

An error occured during flash. Please make sure you have the right target connected.

Converting images

STM32 ST-LINK CLI v3.3.0.0

STM32 ST-LINK Command Line Interface

ST-LINK SN: 0672FF323338424E43254935

ST-LINK Firmware version: V2J32S22 (Need Update)

Connected via SWD.

SWD Frequency = 4000K.

Target voltage = 3.2 V

Connection mode: Normal

Reset mode: Hardware reset

Device ID: 0x450

Device flash Size: 2048 Kbytes

Device family: STM32H7xx

Loading file...

Flash Programming:

File : build/bin/target.hex

Address : 0x08000000

The elf loader file is not accessible.

MCU Reset.

target/gcc/Makefile:389: recipe for target '_extflash_' failed

make[1]: *** [_extflash_] Error 12

target/gcc/Makefile:77: recipe for target 'flash' failed

make: *** [flash] Error 2

And i tried to update ST-LINK firmware, it doesnt help and debug log still displays the message "need update".

Help me pls to fix my problem, how to flash stm32h743i?

22 REPLIES 22

It's not TouchGFX itself that's a problem, but rather the project files or the programming of the board. The Application Templates are seperate from the framework and can be updated if we find problems with them.

What do you mean by "Flashes wrong"? and "Nothing works"?

The IAR project should convert the .out file to .hex. Have you tried that? There's an IAR8.x folder under target/ in your project.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Martin

Yes, i tried it. I described problem with iar above. If i try to flash from iar after generating code in designer, it shows error that file FlashSTM32H7xxx_CM7.flash was not found.

I tried to set default iar parameters for ".flash" files, then iar can flash, but firmware is not work on board, as well as if i try to flash hex iar's file from st-link.

When i try to flash firmware with one screen and some buttons it works, i can touch buttons, i can see them. But when im adding scalable image i dont see elments, which i added on screen.

It's not possible to program the board from IAR - You have to use STCubeProgrammer with the .hex file that is generated by the IAR8 project.

It sounds like i will have to investigate on my end to see if i can reproduce your issues.

Thanks!

When i flash designer generated "target.hex" with some buttons i can touch them, can see it. But if im adding scalable image, i cant see any elements on screen.

The IAR project should convert the .out file to .hex. Have you tried that? There's an IAR8.x folder under target/ in your project.

Yes, i tried it. I described problem with iar above. When i try to flash from iar after generating code it shows error "FlashSTM32H7xxx_CM7.flash". I tried to set default iar ".flash" files, then it can flash, but i dont see my screen. And i also tried flash iar's hex file from st-link, it doesnt work too.

Thanks for help! Let me know if you will find some solutions later.

Hi @feelingoflight​, I'm still a bit confused about this problem. Which version of IAR are you using? Are you sure that you are running a version with H7 support?

Could you show me a screenshot of what happens when you try to add a scaleable image?

We're working on an H743-EVAL application template based on the latest CubeMX release. I'll try to update this thread once it's ready - It might give you a different experience.

IAR version 8.32, and also i tried 8.22 before.

I recorded short video for you. For better understanding what i mean.

https://youtu.be/JOqW5mE4Is0

I can also record video about my iar problems if you need

Hi!

I watched your video, and i know what's wrong. When you have nothing as a background, basically you have a button at some location and the rest is garbage memory around it in the framebuffer. If you add a box or image as a background you should have a different experience.

Best regards,

Martin

Hello.

Thanks, its working.

But still something wrong with iar-generated hex file. When i try to flash it from st-link i see empty screen.