Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f746G Discovery .IOC loaded from CUBEMX with STemwin LCD display

melt brink
Associate III
Posted on May 17, 2018 at 16:02

Goodday. 

Loading the default values in STM32f746 disco on STCubeMx, and performing following checks :

1. Graphics ticked, STEmwin enabled, Guibuilder enabled

2. Corrected the pixel resolutuon 480x272

3. Execute Guibuilder from within StCube

4. As per STcube manual (UM1718) check CRS, DMA2D, FMC,SDRAM,RCC,LTDC and DSI (all standard activated when loading the 746 Disco default  .IOC profile.

I am still not getting any display for some reason. I have tried to disable RTOS as well as any other peripherals in the default  setup that isnot required with no luck. I suspect a clock setup or something that has not been ticked.

Anyone perhaps have a working .IOC 32f746 Disco setup with working StemWin and  Guibuilder for me to compare to?

thanks a mil

#stcubemx #mbedtls-stm32f746g-discovery #stemwin #stemwin-guibuilder
16 REPLIES 16

Please find file attached

HI Melt,

Thank You so Much, you have provided .ioc file, working fine but touch of the LCD is not working, currently I am working on that.

if you have any solution for Touch, please share with me.

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Zafar

melt brink
Associate III

Hi Zafar

Are you using Stemwin? if you are then Stemwin will include the the touch functions. Remember to run Stemwin from within cubemx and make you GUI.

ZMohd.7
Associate III

Hi Melt.

Thank You for your valuable replay!!

I will check it. :)

Regards,

Zafar

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ZMohd.7​ ,

I invite you to follow this FAQ: Enable touch screen on the STM32F746G-Discovery

https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-Enable-touch-screen-on-the-STM32F746G-Discovery

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
ZMohd.7
Associate III

Dear @Imen DAHMEN​ 

I followed the provided link and it's perfectly fine for me display with touch.

This time I am trying to build basic graphics display program using Internal SRAM of STM32F746 discovery board, I am able to swap the graphics buffer memory location from SDRAM to SRAM provided example code.

But when i am generate a code using CUBEMX with STemWin and in FMC option select LCD Interface in memory type, code is build but unfortunately it's not working or display blank.

[ .ioc file are attached for your reference.] 

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

zaf

Hi all.

If take the 4.26 project and open in truestudio the touch works. But if i tskr the 4.26 into CubeMX and migrate to latest CubeF7 touch doesn't work. Any ideas why?​