cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G-DISCO, Button

AD�?b
Senior

How can I disable the TRIGGER / Click button by switching the TRIGGER / Toggle button?

13 REPLIES 13
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I believe it's setTouchable() for a regular button

For example to disable the touch on a toggle button

toggleButton1.setTouchable(false);

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Hello thank you!

I have a "ButtonOffOn" toggle button. I have a "ButtonNext" button that changes the screen. I want the button "ButtonNext" to be locked while the "ButtonOffOn" button is switched on until the "ButtonOffOn" button is switched again.

I checked your suggestion but disables the "ButtonOffOn" button.

"ButtonOffOn" = On -> "ButtonNext" closed

"ButtonOffOn" = Off -> "ButtonNext" is active

How to do it?

I suppose you could do something like this: in Designer you create 2 interactions. The first one calls a new function when the button "ButtonNext" is clicked. The other interaction changes the screen when an hardware button is clicked. This is a fake button we use in order to generate the go to screen 2 transition function and use it in our code.0690X00000DC603QAD.png

Then I added this in Screen1View.cpp

void Screen1View::functionNextOrStay()
{
    if (ButtonOnOff.getState() == TRUE)         // getState returns TRUE when On 
    {
        application().gotoScreen2ScreenNoTransition();
    }
}

Tell me if this enough for what you need, I did not need to use setTouchable() since it does not influence the result.

0690X00000DC63qQAD.gif

/Romain

Thank you for the offer. This is not what I mean but I will finally answer when I try.

I got that I deactivate another button with the button but I stopped to return to the active one

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I made a quick tutorial for what you want now that i know exactly what you're trying to do. https://youtu.be/CSQkVLIN22k

There is a link to another video i made before for those who are interested. The toggle button on screen1 disables a button on screen2.

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Hi Karl!

Yes, this is it. I still have to check how it will work when the OFF / ON button is Flex Button.

Well a flex button doesn't have a on/off state but you can still trigger off that button. So for that flex button, the C++ code will check the current touchable state of the buttonNext and toggle the touchable state to the opposite.

if(buttonNext.isTouchable() == true)
{
    buttonNext.setTouchable(false);
    buttonNext.setLabelColor(touchgfx::Color::getColorFrom24BitRGB(255,0,0));
    buttonNext.setLabelColorPressed(touchgfx::Color::getColorFrom24BitRGB(255,0,0));
    buttonNext.invalidate();
}
else
{
    buttonNext.setTouchable(true);
    buttonNext.setLabelColor(touchgfx::Color::getColorFrom24BitRGB(255,255,255));
    buttonNext.setLabelColorPressed(touchgfx::Color::getColorFrom24BitRGB(255,255,255));
    buttonNext.invalidate();
}

Thank you Karl!

Everything works as you wrote. Toggle Button has the function APPERANCE / Pressed. If I didn't choose it, it didn't work as I wanted. As I chose it worked correctly. For aesthetic reasons, I wanted to use the Flex Button. Although I set up TRIGGER / Togle did not work as I wanted. With the last sent code it works as I wanted. Thank you very much.

You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help.