cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f469I-Disco - TouchGFX Display stays black

DerFreaker
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on programming the display of the STM32F469I-DISCO using X-Cube-TouchGFX.

What I want to achieve:
I aim to create a simple application that displays a button in the center of the screen, just to test the functionality.

The issue:
When I run the code in CubeIDE, the display remains black, and the backlight doesn't turn on. I have made sure that "MX_TouchGFX_Process()" is called within the `while (1)` loop.

Here are some additional details that might help in diagnosing the problem:
- I have initialized all required peripherals and included the necessary middleware.
- I have set up TouchGFX in the .part file.

Despite these efforts, the display still shows no signs of life. Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can provide guidance on what I might be missing?

A picture of my TouchGFX settings 

DerFreaker_0-1720596087834.png

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay, I see.

Please check out these documents based on the mode (Command/Video) you would like to use:

MIPI-DSI Command Mode

MIPI-DSI Video Mode

I also suggest reading the Abstraction Layer Architecture document. Since you are not using any operating systems, you need to set some configurations manually. 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @DerFreaker ,

If you are STM32F469I-Disco, then I suggest using the available TouchGFX Board Setup inside the TouchGFX designer to develop your application since all the required settings are already set for you, so, you can just focus on creating the GUI.

Available TBSs for STM32F469Available TBSs for STM32F469

I hope this helps you, don't hesitate to ask more questions

Mohammad MORADI

I've already tried this, but I want to use it with my own written code. I just want to add TouchGFX into my already working project.

Okay, I see.

Please check out these documents based on the mode (Command/Video) you would like to use:

MIPI-DSI Command Mode

MIPI-DSI Video Mode

I also suggest reading the Abstraction Layer Architecture document. Since you are not using any operating systems, you need to set some configurations manually. 

Mohammad MORADI