cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubeide tocunhgfx main.c and main.cpp

jhanc.11
Senior

I searched and saw others had this problem but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to see the answers to the questions when I search? I hit every button and arrow but nothing show the answers.

Setting that aside, I need to include .hpp files into my main.c file. I changed it to main.cpp and I see now that there is another main.c file in the touchgfx generated code that looks nothing like mine (in a different directory). Also, I see that even though I changed the name to main.cpp, the file is still main.c on the disk? So when I compile the code, it treats it like main.c and errors all the class statements, etc (c++ functions).

So:

1) why can't I see question answers

2) why can't I change the name of the main.c file to main.cpp or is there another copy kept in the IDE workspace? I can't find it when I search 'files'.

3) I cant change the .hpp files to .h out of the quesiton.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @jhanc.1​ ,

Sorry, I really don't understand what you are trying to do and what issues you are currently facing.

Could you try to reformulate and give more details, please ?

Thanks in advance.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
jhanc.11
Senior

1) I figured out how to see the 'more answers' in the questions in the forum. It would have been helpful if your site highlighted those words as a hyperlink, at least it doesn't show as such on my browser.

2) I figured out that by changing the name of the .c file it seemed to only change the reference name but I understand how to change that now (in the cases where the name isn't changed). I don't understand why that is, but changing the name to .cpp still tried to compile the files a .c

3) and in regards to someone recommending that I change my .hpp includes to .h, that was and still is out of the question.

The bottom line is that every day I understand stm32cubeide better and I found that touchgfx is cumbersome to use but works well.

Some nice to haves:

1) the include files should populate an include directory in the code core or drivers instead of being out of the code mainline.

2) the comments in the class files should be more descriptive. For instance, in system1viewbase or one of the other files, it says to override this routine in system1. It doesn't add the word view (system1view). I might not have this all exact but if you make a project you'll see what I mean.

3) when the code is generated, there should be an option to copy all the files, includes, etc into the workspace. I know others disagree and like the workspace as more metadata but I like it all in one place so I don't have to go hunting for files.

4) it seems like the stack and heap defaults are small when you create a large project with touchgfx.

Thanks,

Jerry