cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE and TouchGFX 4.12 fast integration but touch does not work

I have integrated with few seconds the STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0 with TouchGFX 4.12 (all default) but the app does not accept input from touch screen.

I would like to use the 4.12 instead of 4.10 to eliminate all the problems during the compile phase.

I have a STM32F746G-DISCO evaluation board.

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

How did you create the project? If you're using CubeMX (either standalone or part of CubeIDE) and choosing "Board Selector", this won't give you any actual BSP code like drivers for touch controller.

If you search this forum you should find a video of me explaining how to get the STM32F746G-DISCO board working with CubeIDE, including touch. And others have done further work to get linker scripts working properly.

/Martin

I have created the project starting from evaluation board selection like for the my basic application with only CubeIDE without graphic interface.

I have set for TouchGFX integration:

QUADSPI to Bank1 with Quad SPI LInes

DMA2D Activated

CRC Activated

GRAPHICS set to TouchGFX path

Anyway there is an objective advantage to using cubeide + touchgfx compared to using only touchgfx ?

At the moment I have already integrated I2C peripherals and infrared receivers with touchgfx only.

Artur Vieira
Associate III

Hi

I created one for the STM32F469 using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQA2lAsIdZA

In order to have the touch working, was necessary to copy the "stm32469i_discovery_ts" (C and H) from the cube repository (Drivers/Bsp/STM32F469I-Discovery), and in file "OTM8009TouchController.cpp" in (Touchgfx\Target) uncomment the code inside the "init" and "sampletouch" function as well handle some includes...

And yes, at this point the only advantage i see in using CubeMx is to get a more recent FreeRTOS version and HAL/LL files.