cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE and TouchGFX 4.10.0: Resolving compilation issues

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi everyone,

I've removed the previous, textual guide. Instead, here's a video guide on how to get CubeIDE and TouchGFX working on an STM32F746G-DISCO board. I accidentally exported the video in 720p but have created a 1080p version. Leaving both links here because the 720p version may have useful comments and resolutions:

1080p: https://youtu.be/VOs2LYO7wSA

720p: https://youtu.be/xZ0pPhQCQUY

And here's the project i created and modified:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000At0N95SQE/cubeide-100-touchgfx-4100-working-project-inside-stm32f746gdisco

(NOTE: This project does not have the modifications from our STM32F746G-DISCO/CubeMX article).

Best regards,

Martin

95 REPLIES 95
Valentin Gros
Associate III

Hello,

Thank you Martin for your 1080p video. I tried to follow it but I have the same problem as last time. When I try to build the project many paths of .hpp files are wrong. The .hpp files exist but the paths are wrong. For example, I get the following error : C:/STM32CubeProject/GenerateurPulse/TouchGFX/gui/include/gui/common/FrontendHeap.hpp:4:10: fatal error: gui_generated/common/FrontendHeapBase.hpp: No such file or directory

So I started add all the paths of the .hpp in "Includes " (Path and symbol window). However it take too much time. Do you think I have a problem with the general properties of CubeIDE ?

Valentin

Hi @Valentin Gros​ ,

I have a problem every time when I generate code in CubeMX, it erases the path configurations and I need to add manually.

Please check your path and symbol window, it needs to be like this (pay attention in excluded paths too):

0690X000008iHEzQAM.png

Regards,

Anderson

I would have to agree with you that you may need to reshoot in a lower native resolution because it is still very hard to see. I found myself counting items (and sometimes guessing) to duplicate what you did because I could not read the text.

Hi Valentin,

I was affraid this would happen. I have seen this problem on occasion where all the source/include folders for the application itself are not added and then compilation fails. It does not happen always. I will add this to the list of issues with CubeIDE generation internally.

/Martin

I was affraid you'd say that :D Okay, thanks for the feedback, Scott!

/Martin

Hello eng23,

Thank you for your answer, I will try.

Hi guys,

Yes, CubeMX/CubeIDE will overwrite any changes you make, unfortunately. I'll come up with a quick guide to get past this in a less painful way than doing things manually.

This is already reported to CubeMX/IDE team.

/Martin

Hello Martin,

My project "pulse generator" is completed. For your information, I used a STM32F746G-DISCO with the working project you gave us and a NUCLEO-STM32F767ZI. Both communicate with serial communication UART. I use the F746G only for graphics (because I can't regenerate code without breaking project) and the F767ZI for pulse generation.

To conclude :

• STM32F746G-DISCO with STM32CubeIDE and TouchGFX : TouchGFX is very efficient to draw easily elegant and dynamic screens. If it is possible, STM32CubeIDE needs updates in order to support TouchGFX (working project when building)
  • NUCLEO F767ZI with STM32CubeIDE : STM32CubeIDE without GRAPHICS works perfectly with HAL libraries (I tested interruptions, serial communication, GPIO,...)

Thank you for all your work !

Valentin

Hi Valentin,

Great work! Glad to be of help and sorry for all the trouble 🙂 Appreciate all the feedback - This is great for us to pass on and make the integration between ST tools much smoother than it is.

/Martin

Hi Martin

Is there a way to address this for the time being?

I tried using the template code you provided from other post but it keeps giving error of files missing.

​https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ArSsjqSQC/using-hyperram-for-display-buffer-on-stm32l4r9ieval