cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator doesn't compile

manto.1
Senior

When starting Simulator it always fails even if I start completly fresh new project: I get the same result:

0693W00000HrXzVQAV.png

In file included from C:/TouchGFX/4.16.1/env/MinGW/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.3.0/include/c++/bits/stl_algobase.h:66:0,
                         from C:/TouchGFX/4.16.1/env/MinGW/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.3.0/include/c++/bits/char_traits.h:39,
                         from C:/TouchGFX/4.16.1/env/MinGW/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.3.0/include/c++/string:40,
                         from touchgfx/framework/source/platform/hal/simulator/sdl2/HALSDL2.cpp:25:
        C:/TouchGFX/4.16.1/env/MinGW/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.3.0/include/c++/bits/stl_iterator_base_funcs.h:65:10: fatal error: debug/assertions.h: No such file or directory
         #include <debug/assertions.h>

5 REPLIES 5
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Did you always face this or is this happened out of nowhere today ? Do you face it with all TouchGFX version or just TouchGFX 4.16.1 ? What OS are you working with (Windows x, mac, linux?) ?

Could you share your logfile ? It can be found under %appdata/Roaming/TouchGFX-4.16.1

/Romain

manto.1
Senior

I am using Windows 10. I recently installed TouchGFX 4.18 but then i uninstalled it. I am trying this on the TouchGFX 4.16.1. I am not sure if simualation was possible before because I just started at a new company and am using a computer form an earlyer person. I am sending the log file in the attachment.

Hum I have never seen this error before, I have sent a message to the team in charge of the simulator but in the meantime I would suggest uninstalling and installing again TouchGFX just in case something went wrong.

/Romain

manto.1
Senior

What is the correct procedure to unnintall the TouchGFX?

If you have STM32CubeMX, you can follow the installation guideline here. Instead of clicking on "Install now" you clikc on "Remove now".

Otherwise I think when you try to download a TouchGFX that you already have on your pc, the installer asks if you wish to cancel the download or replace the current version.

/Romain