cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your Custom Widgets!

Juliette CRESPO
ST Employee

When creating a UI project, you may need widgets that are not part of the TouchGFX library. To create your own graphical element, the TouchGFX team suggests using the Custom Container approach. Since TouchGFX 4.20 it is possible to export and import Custom Containers into different projects. 

The TouchGFX team is working on developing new custom containers that could be useful for our own projects. You will find them under this post. The first widget is a keyboard. We hope that the idea will please you and that it will be useful for your projects 😉

We invite you to do the same. In the guide attached you will learn how to create your own widgets and how to export them. We wish to create a space where the community can find and share custom widgets. 

To keep this space a good place for collaboration between all of us, we invite you to share your project in a zip format which includes you widget (.tpkg) and a short document explaining your widget. Your post needs also to include at least one screenshot of your widget running on the simulator. Refer to the keyboard widget for an example.

Thanks for your contribution and have fun !!  

/The TouchGFX team 

28 REPLIES 28
Juliette CRESPO
ST Employee

Here is a zip file containing a guide and the keyboard custom container in the .tpkg format.

0693W00000UFIplQAH.png/Juliette

Sanchit1
Associate III

Thank you so much!

Juliette CRESPO
ST Employee

Here is a zip file containing a keypad in .tpkg format and its guide.0693W00000UnEH9QAN.png

Juliette CRESPO
ST Employee

Here are different selectors: one for the date, one for the numbers and two for the time. This zip file contains the selectors in .tpkg format and a guide.0693W00000UnIpFQAV.png

Roger.ch
Associate III

Hello Juliette. 

Thank you for your keypad widget. 

I have integrated it into a separate container. 

Do you have any idea how I call a function of the parent container after the poundFlexButton is depressed?

Sequence: 

The keypad is invisible. 

When I press a button in my container the keypad becomes visible. Works. 

When a string is entered the keypad becomes invisible again when the poundFlexButton is pressed. This works. 

Now the parent container should realize that it can call the function Keypad::getText and take the text?

Can you give me a tip?

Best regards, Roger

JTP1
Lead

Hi Roger. Here is simple example how to get callback from keypad after pound is pressed.

0693W00000aHepbQAC.png

Roger.ch
Associate III

Hi JTP

Thanks a lot for your help.

Exactly what I was looking for.

You are saving my weekend right now.😀

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards,

Roger

Hi Juliette.
Great!

Hello Juliette,

I would like to use your DatePicker Widget.

Is it possible to set the date, month, year programmatically in the same way as getday(), getMonth(), getYear() THANKS