cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of TouchGFX 4.12.3!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Iiiiiiit's ... tiiiimeeee!

I'm pleased to finally be able to announce the release of TouchGFX 4.12.3, the first official release since 4.10.0. We've worked with CubeMX and CubeIDE to improve the integration experience some, so please get the latest versions of those (5.4.0 and 1.1.0 respectively). For CubeMX, you can upgrade to 5.4 through the software updater, or you can download it from st.com as usual.

Please read the following for an overview.

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009767400

Teaser:

• Lowering memory requirements with Partial Frame Buffers
  • 8-bit framebuffers
  • L8 Image format (Pallette)
  • Improve performance with "Cacheable Container"
  • Binary fonts and languages
  • Custom Triggers and Actions
  • Image Manager with support for sections
  • Texture Mapper Widget and more...

/Martin

70 REPLIES 70
Bob Bailey
Senior

I am new to this forum, I have used STM32's in previous projects along with other MCU's. This forum seems difficult to navigate, so I am asking a question where i'm supposed to answer in this thread (my apologies).

I have installed the latest Cube and TouchGFX. I followed the Youtube video posted by the other member, everything went well except for additional compilation errors. (header files not found). I needed to add this path to the includes: Middlewares/ST/TouchGFX/touchgfx/framework/include

this reduced my 9 errors to 4.

Now the compiler can't seem to find something that is right there in a file.

C:/Users/Bob/BE/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.1.0/ScanmasterDash001/Debug/../Middlewares/ST/TouchGFX/touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/hal/HAL.hpp:119: undefined reference to `touchgfx::HAL::instance'

this is the position of the error

static HAL* getInstance()

{

return instance;

}

but instance is defined in the same file at line 1455

private:

UIEventListener*  listener;

static HAL*    instance;

in fact if you hover the mouse, eclipse will find it, the compiler does not. It does not appear to be spelling or other hidden character.

I use eclipse based UI's in other things, and somewhat know my way around.

Any thoughts?

Bob Bailey

JimFouch
Associate III

I think I found a bug with 4.12.3 in the Interaction editor...See attached image.0690X00000AtN7UQAV.jpg

Thanks for reporting this. It's already been fixed in the upcoming release 4.13.0 out sometime this december.

/Martin

starting over, followed the Youtube video closely, and it all worked. I must have missed a step, or done something out of order. I don't know what I did wrong, but at least I'm no longer stuck

Bob,

I found the same thing. If not following the steps exactly, one can get it into a broken state. I found it was important to build the project at certain times and exit TouchGFX at certain times.

Glad you're no longer stuck!

I have this same problem still.​

In my case if you touch an area of the screen that is receiving touch events the screen will be drawn. I have looked around and have not figured out why it always starts with a black screen. It's an issue that came up after switching to 4.12.​

I am using the STM32H750B-DK when experiencing this problem. Where would I find the LTDC init/on and where would I relocate the call, if I'm understanding the problem correctly?

JimFouch
Associate III

I fond an issue with 4.12.3 when removing/deleting a custom container from a screen...

In this example, it just threw the error and made all the contents of the custom container in the custom container editor blank. But, I have seen it where it just messed up several of the text contents on the Flex Buttons have texts that are changes on some of the buttons.

0690X00000BueBeQAJ.png0690X00000BueBZQAZ.png0690X00000BueBFQAZ.png

Shuhu.1
Associate

Can you please provide the proper solution for it? I am also looking for the solution for this kind of problem. Please guide me if you can. Thanks