cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of TouchGFX 4.12.3!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Iiiiiiit's ... tiiiimeeee!

I'm pleased to finally be able to announce the release of TouchGFX 4.12.3, the first official release since 4.10.0. We've worked with CubeMX and CubeIDE to improve the integration experience some, so please get the latest versions of those (5.4.0 and 1.1.0 respectively). For CubeMX, you can upgrade to 5.4 through the software updater, or you can download it from st.com as usual.

Please read the following for an overview.

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009767400

Teaser:

• Lowering memory requirements with Partial Frame Buffers
  • 8-bit framebuffers
  • L8 Image format (Pallette)
  • Improve performance with "Cacheable Container"
  • Binary fonts and languages
  • Custom Triggers and Actions
  • Image Manager with support for sections
  • Texture Mapper Widget and more...

/Martin

70 REPLIES 70

Something strange is going on, i've written a reply to this multiple times but it keeps disappearing. Anyway...

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us - This is where the 4.12.3 articles are. The API doc hasn't been updated for 4.12.3 yet, but is part of the release under doc/manual.pdf

/Martin

Glad to hear, Scott!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, this is something we're aware of. 4.12.3 was "optimized" to NOT render the same frame to both framebuffers in a double buffering setup, so sometimes one needs to consider when to actually turn on the LTDC layer.

What's your setup here?

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ this site's notif is realy bad. Sometimes i cant even find my posts and responses. =)

My IDE is Keil 5.28.0.0

Edit: CubeMX recreates backup file every time i regenerate files. I think this and other issue is about that (RİGHT problem)..

Thanks for the reply Martin. I thought it was strange as well.

I tried clicking on all of the links to articles on the release announcement page (https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009767400:(

0690X00000ArhfIQAR.png

All of them took me to a sign in page:

0690X00000ArhfcQAB.png

I agree! The feeds are a mess sometimes and it's hard to find stuff 🙂

We've found the issue with Turkish and we're implementing a fix for it. It has something to do with a certain to_upper_case method that will convert i's to İ in the case of Turkish. This is the same that happens when importing images because the images are converted into IDs in the bitmap database.

e.g. myimage.png => BITMAP_MY_İMAGE_ID

I'll see what we can do in terms of releasing a bugfix.

/Martin

Thanks, i'll investigate.

/Martin

eng23
Senior

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

STM32H7 is not supported by the new STM32CubeMX 5.4 yet?

I've heard something from ST' Representatives that this new version should support, but I checked and there is no option for TouchGFX in CubeMX 5.4.

Regards

Dann
Associate II

There is some issue with color palette pop up menu, when I click on it it immediately disappears. I didn't noticed this in previous version. Have I do something differently or it's just a bug?

There's no TouchGFX support for L4 or H7 in CubeMX 5.4 - correct. It's hard coded inside CubeMX to only support F4 and F7 (Even though it could easily support H7 and L4).

We will reveal something relatively soon that can remedy this :D :D

/Martin