cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of TouchGFX 4.12.3!

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Iiiiiiit's ... tiiiimeeee!

I'm pleased to finally be able to announce the release of TouchGFX 4.12.3, the first official release since 4.10.0. We've worked with CubeMX and CubeIDE to improve the integration experience some, so please get the latest versions of those (5.4.0 and 1.1.0 respectively). For CubeMX, you can upgrade to 5.4 through the software updater, or you can download it from st.com as usual.

Please read the following for an overview.

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009767400

Teaser:

• Lowering memory requirements with Partial Frame Buffers
  • 8-bit framebuffers
  • L8 Image format (Pallette)
  • Improve performance with "Cacheable Container"
  • Binary fonts and languages
  • Custom Triggers and Actions
  • Image Manager with support for sections
  • Texture Mapper Widget and more...

/Martin

70 REPLIES 70

I tried Internet Explorer version 11.0.96.....

I am seeing the same problem.

Martin, did you clear your browser cache?

CKauf
Associate III

Hei Martin,

is it correct that I still have to add the BSP for the touchcontroller on the STM32F746DISCO manually? Just checking to make sure I am not overlooking something.

Best regards

Christoph

Strange, indeed.

I just saw your reply. I have not been able to locate the "doc/manual.pdf". adding that to the end of the release page URL did not work.

Martin, can you provide a link to the manual for 4.12.3?

It's a part of the installation of 4.12.3. Please check again!

Here's my path:

D:\TouchGFX\4.12.3\doc\manual.pdf

Sorry. The obvious place!

:dizzy_face:

yanqin gem
Associate III

Hi , Martin

Could you please provide a tutorial code project which was configured with "partial framebuffer" running on the STM32L4R9 Discovery board.

Hi,

Not for a while, but that's the plan, generally. Really busy with allowing developers to create CubeMX + TouchGFX projects for any MCU WITH Partial Framebuffer, also.

/Martin

DNeu.1663
Associate

Hi, i`m trying to upgrade an existing Project from Touchgfx 4.10 to 4.12. After the upgrade the Application just shows a black Screen ( on the STM32429I-EVAL Board ). Also trying to run any of the examples for the STM32429I-EVAL board just shows a black screen. All Examples and the application work without problems in Touchgfx 4.10. It seems i`m missing somthing really simple .. Any Ideas?

SBACO
Associate III

Hello,

I just migrate the touchgfx from 4.10 to the latest 4.12.3 as I am interesting in the few optimization and better and more complete GUI for the designer.

In my application, I am defining the whole memory manually (images/text/font/etc.) to minimize the update OTA firmware size. However, here it appears the update has change the size of some file. It seems basically the fonts. The generated font name files have changed (adding a '_0') in it, but the size it different (bigger by the way). so all my memory mapping is not working anymore. Is there any solution for that ? Am I able to force the old generation of font somewhere ? Is that only the fonts or it there also any change in the images / texts ?

Of course, considering that I need for the next release to push the 15MB of images is not really a working option.

regards.

SBACO
Associate III

After deeper analysis in the elf file, it appears, that the major differences are the now, the fonts are managing the kerning. Before the kernings exists but was always empty and now, the required size in memory is really more important (from a few bytes to a few kB). The font themselves required more memory. Only the glyphs seems unchanged.

About the '_0' on the generated files corresponding the font, it is unclear what it stand for, but I have seen a '_4' on one of same in addition to the '_0'. Not sure what I should do with that...

Hope you can help me clarify all this.

regards