cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error: failed to download Segment[1]" error occurs in the middle of downloading the STM32U5A9J-DK touchgfx DEMO project

CARHERO
Associate III

​Hello,

I just encountered "failed to download Segment[1]" error in the middle of tough gfx project downloading.

Demo Board : STM32U5A9J-DK

CubeProgrmmer version : 2.13.0

TouchGFX version : 4.21.3

0693W00000bhE8DQAU.png0693W00000bhE9pQAE.pngError message capture

0693W00000bhE8IQAU.png 

I found that toughgfx is using the Cubeprogrammer tool for binary downloading.

So I searched if the CubeProgrammer has the STM32U5A9J-DK ext-flash binary but can't find for it.

0693W00000bhE9aQAE.pngSeems tool update is needed.

I also found that cuscumized ext-flashing binary can be created with IAR compiler.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32-external-loader

But I don't have the IAR :(

So it would be appreciated if to provide the patch file or update the CubeProgrammer ASAP.

7 REPLIES 7
vitom
Associate II

Same identical problem me too, using same board and same configuration.

With a little amount of space of images in external memory, like one or two little images in project, it work.0693W00000bhHI6QAM.pngBut with a large image and large amount of external memory used not work.

0693W00000bhHLPQA2.png 

Any suggestion ?

Heeeeelp please :o

vitom
Associate II

I have solved ! 

The problem is with STM32CubeProgrammer v2.13.0, the internal one used by TouchGFXDesigner and STMCubeIDE.

I have found the folder where STM32CubeProgrammer v2.13.00 is installed and I have copied over the old folder where STM32CubeProgrammer v2.10.00 was used.

Now TouchGFXDesigner and STMCubeIDE working fine with STM32U5A9j.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhqNuQAI.png

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello CARHERO and vitom,

We identified the issue and we're working on it. Our apologies for this inconvenience. As a workaround, for now, you can use STM32CubeProgrammer v2.12.0 to flash your STM32U5A9J-DK board.

We'll make sure to patch this in the 2.14.0 version of STM32CubeProgrammer.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Thanks for your support. I will try the temp solution as you guided. BTW, when the 2.14 will be released?

Hey~ Good job.

Thanks for your effort.

I will try it.

No I don't, no official date was communicated yet, but I'll keep you updated when I'll have more info about this subject.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

I see.

Thank you~👍