cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program not properly resetting FreeRTOS tasks.

WLewe
Associate III

I started off taking Method 3 from https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205074561-Connecting-the-UI-to-your-system and it ran fine even after reset or power cycle. I added two FreeRTOS tasks to handle SPI2 and timer2. I flash the target board from inside TouchGFX by pressing Run Target. The board flashes fine and my program works as intended. However, when I reset the board or power cycle the device, my SPI and timer tasks do not run. However, the rest of the application runs fine. Any idea on what could be causing reset to break the program? I want to be able to reset or power cycle and still run my program.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WLewe
Associate III

We found the solution to the issue. It was due to improper initialization of SPI2. Once we reorganized the code and added in delays before SPI2, all of our troubles went away.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WLewe
Associate III

We found the solution to the issue. It was due to improper initialization of SPI2. Once we reorganized the code and added in delays before SPI2, all of our troubles went away.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @WLewe​,

Nice catch! Glad you sorted it out on your own. Sorry for the late response, i've been swamped! Will get back to a more normal-chaotic-situation next week i think =)

/Martin