cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with STM32F764

Vlaty.1
Senior

Good afternoon, I'm trying to use STM32F746ZGTx LQFTP144 for a railway scoreboard.(Commuter train schedule) I have a problem. I ran a BSD project on the Nucleo-144 STM32F746 board from the STM32746G_DISCOVERY examples. I commented out everything except the LCD. Display_Demo Description() Using the oscilloscope, I found that the following outputs of the controller are active.

PD9

PG12 LCD_B1

PG15

PG0

PD0

PD1

PH0 OSC

PF2

PH1 OSC

PE4 LCD_B0

PA14 SW

PE14 LCD_CLK

PF13 

PD10 LCD_B3

PD15

PE7

PE8

PF4

PF5

PD8

This list does not match the description of stm32f745ie. pdf and CubeMX. I hope you can help me figure out which controller pins are actually used to control the LCD. Sincerely, Alexander.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The stm32f7xx_hal_msp.c file is not inside the STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver folder, this is a file that you have to edit depending of your project.

look example here :

C:\Users\$USER\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\LTDC\LTDC_Display_1Layer\Src

It can also be generated by the STM32CubeMX, if you generate init code with it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

What does not match, precisely ?

The main.c file doesn't show any pin configuration.

It from C:\Users\user\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples пн, 1 мар. 2021 г. в 12:28, ST Community :
Mike_ST
ST Employee

"This list does not match the description of stm32f745ie. pdf and CubeMX"

What pin exactly does not match your expection ?

Mike_ST
ST Employee

---

Wrong post

The "Connector" circuit contains the expected signals required to control the liquid crystal display.(According to your description) But in fact, these signals are not present in STM32F746 Nucleo-144. But they are on the list I sent you. It seems that somewhere in the board or in the controller there is a mismatch between the pins and additional functions (LCD) Sincerely, Alexander. пн, 1 мар. 2021 г. в 13:29, ST Community :
Mike_ST
ST Employee

The LTDC examples you are mentionning, are for the discovery board that have a BGA216 package and which have obviously more pin than a LQFP 144 package.

You probably have to adapt the stm32f7xx_hal_msp.c to remap the LTDC pins definition to match the LFQP144 pinout description, if this is possible.

I do not have the stm32f7xx_hall_msp.c file in the STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver library, but if you send me instructions, I can probably solve the problem. Sincerely, Alexander. пн, 1 мар. 2021 г. в 14:17, ST Community :

The stm32f7xx_hal_msp.c file is not inside the STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver folder, this is a file that you have to edit depending of your project.

look example here :

C:\Users\$USER\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\LTDC\LTDC_Display_1Layer\Src

It can also be generated by the STM32CubeMX, if you generate init code with it.

Good afternoon, Mike. Thanks for the help. I used the project C:\Users\$USER\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.1\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Examples\LTDC\LTDC_Display_1Layer\Src. I tried to draw a pixel. But I didn't see anything on the necessary pins of the controller. The oscilloscope showed no signals. I must have made a mistake somewhere. Sincerely, Alexander. пн, 1 мар. 2021 г. в 16:09, ST Community :