cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading touchscreen axis using RGB888

DPutr.1
Associate II

I'm using a custom board stm32f469IIT , using a PS043BWSA03 LCD (RGB888) using the touchgfx library and STM32touchcontroller (LTDC RGB565). there is a problem when reading the touchscreen axis (example in photo). is there a solution?0693W00000NsrYkQAJ.png0693W00000NsrZQQAZ.png

10 REPLIES 10
MM..1
Chief II

Show XY nums on display or debuger, then you see if error is your code or...

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello DPutr.1,

Did you try to run your project on simulator ? If it's working fine on simulator, I'd think the issue is from your board. y first guess would be it doesn't send enough or on the contrary too much bytes and that cause the gap between the position you touch the screen and the position the board interprets the touch.

So try to run your project on simulator first, then check your screen and touch controller configuration and try @MM..1​ solution.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
DPutr.1
Associate II

thanks for the information, I've tried on the simulator and tried to output the axis value data. here is an example, there is a jump in the value of the axis after I check. on testing point 1 the first image of the axis read is correct but on testing at point 2 there is a jump in value(see photo)0693W00000NsurQQAR.jpg0693W00000Nsur1QAB.jpg

sorry i forgot to give a description, the displayed value is x,y

DPutr.1
Associate II

0693W00000Nsv5hQAB.png0693W00000Nsv3bQAB.jpgAfter I checked all the screens, here's the part that's the problem. does converting from RGB888(LCD) to RGB565(.ioc) have any effect?

MM..1
Chief II

Touchcontroller driver code how from where ? And No - color mode on LCD isnt relevant to touch .

I got it from STM32469I Discovery BSP Driver version number V2.0.1

FT6X06 ? Your display use same ? If not you need rewrite or write custom driver ...

yes I do not use the lcd I use the PS043BWSA03 LCD (RGB888) . how can i make a custom driver? is there an example or documentation? Thank you in advance