cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Bug? : Build Error when using TouchGFX and MSVC Simulator .sln interchangeably

BParh.1
Senior III

Steps:

1. Use TouchGFX Designer to setup some GUI e.g. dynamic graph and generate the code then run simulation, make sure it is ok
  2. Open the MSVC simulator. Made some modification on the code or add additional cpp/hpp file into project. Build in MSVC make sure it is ok
  3. Switch again to TouchGFX Designer which might prompt you to accept external change. Click ok then generate the code and run simulator again -> build fail.

I notice in the code suddently the dynamic graph of the element area and element line instance were gone. As work around I needed to delete and create again the elemenet area and element line in TouchGFX Designer.

Following is the build error log snippet:

Run Simulator
    Generate
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/containers/CurveViewBase.hpp
        Wrote generated/gui_generated/src/containers/CurveViewBase.cpp
        Done
    Generate Assets
        make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j8
        Reading ./application.config
        Done
    Post Generate
        touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj
        Done
    Post Generate Target
        touchgfx update_project --project-file=../STM32F769I_DISCO.ioc --platform=m7
        Done
    Compile
        make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile -j8
        Reading ./application.config
        Compiling gui/src/home_screen/HomeView.cpp
        Compiling gui/src/home_screen/HomePresenter.cpp
        Compiling gui/src/containers/CurveView.cpp
        Compiling gui/src/model/SystemIfc.cpp
        Compiling gui/src/model/Model.cpp
        Compiling generated/gui_generated/src/home_screen/HomeViewBase.cpp
        Compiling generated/gui_generated/src/containers/CurveViewBase.cpp
        Compiling generated/gui_generated/src/common/FrontendApplicationBase.cpp
        Compiling generated/simulator/src/mainBase.cpp
        Compiling simulator/main.cpp
        In file included from gui/include/gui/containers/CurveView.hpp:4:0,
                         from gui/include/gui/home_screen/HomeView.hpp:4,
                         from gui/src/home_screen/HomeView.cpp:1:
        generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/containers/CurveViewBase.hpp:59:15: error: using-declaration for non-member at class scope
             touchgfx::GraphElementArea ;
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        generated/gui_generated/include/gui_generated/containers/CurveViewBase.hpp:61:15: error: using-declaration for non-member at class scope
             touchgfx::GraphElementLine ;
                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 REPLIES 5
MM..1
Chief II

Maybe in point 2 you edit some files , that is generated and isnt designed to edit. Place your code in GUI files not in generated... Generated files is always overwrited in point 3

BParh.1
Senior III

Thank you @MM..1​  for the response but I did put it in gui/ folder. I am well aware not to touch the generated code part or folder 🙂

BParh.1
Senior III

Any update to this issue please? This is getting annoying as I have to do work around to resolve the issue on regular basis

LKade.1
Associate II

Hi @BParh.1​ 

Were you to able to solve the issue, has i am facing the same issue for gernerated GUI.

if you have a solution for the above please do guide me also.

Thanks

With Regards

Lakshminarayana

BParh.1
Senior III

Hi @LKade.1​ ,

The issue resolve but I did not how :). I just made series of seems unrelated changes, but these two probably the most likely resolve it:

1. Upgrade my TouchGFX Designer from v4.16 to v.47. May be just consider upgrade to latest, I think there is newer version.
  2. I change the dynamic graph widget from custom container to directly insert it in screen level. Or vice versa, I forgot which one,maybe you could try both.

Please try and let me know how it goes, all the best!