cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Frame Buffer documentation question

Guit32010
Associate III

Referring to the website doc:

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/scenarios/lowering-memory-usage-with-partial-framebuffer/#partial-frame-buffer-memory

Why is the bytes calculation: (Number of Pixels)* 3 ?

Earlier in the doc the ManyBlockAllocator is set up as 2 bytes per pixel.

0693W00000DlnBEQAZ.png 

In the same doc it also mentions having only 2 blocks but the example clearly shows 3.

"Here we are updating 3 rectangles, but the allocator only has 2 blocks. In that situation, TouchGFX will wait for the first blocks to transferred and then reuse the blocks."

Are these typos or am I missing something?

0693W00000DlnF6QAJ.png

4 REPLIES 4
Guit32010
Associate III

Another problem:

If I use the search bar to find something in the API, such as ManyBlockAllocator, for example, none of the links work in the page. However, if i go find it in the Left Menu Bar they work fine. This is a problem with most pages. And only if I use the search bar.

I mostly use Firefox, but I see the same behavior in MS Edge.

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello Guit32010,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the link issue on the documentation website, we'll try to fix this as soon as possible.

-> Where do you see this written ?

"Here we are updating 3 rectangles, but the allocator only has 2 blocks. In that situation, TouchGFX will wait for the first blocks to transferred and then reuse the blocks."

Are these typos or am I missing something?

-> Indeed I agree this sentence is misleading. We'll try to modify it as soon as possible. What needs to be understood is that the third rectangle to be updated is too big so it will not fit into the last third block and will need also the first blocks to be completely updated. For this, TouchGFX will wait for the first blocks to be transferred and then reuse the blocks.

Hope it's clearer now 🙂

/Alexandre

Guit32010
Associate III

-> Where do you see this written ?

Refer to the table in the picture. Rectangle 1 has 308 pixels = 924 bytes.

In all cases the bytes are calculated as 3 times the number of pixels. Why?

Hello Guit32010,

Indeed it's a mistake since the article mentions using RGB565. So the bytes calculation should be (Number of Pixels)* 2 .

We'll fix this asap.

Thank you for the feedback.

/Alexandre