Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD connected to STM32f429 does not work

Hwoo-
Associate II

Hello,

I am using STM32F429BI.

I use CubeIDE 1.7.0 and CubeMX.

I use touchGFX 4.16.1 as a graphic tool.

The LCD specification used is attached as a file.

LTDC is set up like the attached image

0693W00000GYWMQQA5.png0693W00000GYWMVQA5.png 

0693W00000GYWMGQA5.png 

My question is

1. Are there any wrong LTDC settings?

2. Do I need to initialize the LCD driver (ST7282) in the LCD after setting the LTDC?

3. There are Sync mode and DE mode in the LCD data sheet. Is it possible to set Sync mode and DE mode in LTDC?

If possible, what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> The basic structure of the program is the code generated by TouchGFX, and it has been confirmed that it works well in STM32F429I-EVAL.

Then find the differences between your board and STM32F429I-EVAL and work from that. Try to simplify code to avoid external memory, first on the EVAL and then on your board. Observe signals on the LCD using oscilloscope/LA.

JW

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Hwoo-​ ,

Do you have any compilation issue?

Do you have same issue using the examples provided within the Cube package?

You can follow the LTDC example of display for the STM32F429I-Discovery board under STM32Cube_FW_F4_Vx.xx.x\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\ Examples\LTDC.

Have a look at the AN4861 Application note LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs, that will help you to configure the LTDC peripheral.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Hwoo-
Associate II

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

The LCD on my custom board is still not responding.

The basic structure of the program is the code generated by TouchGFX, and it has been confirmed that it works well in STM32F429I-EVAL.

After reading the AN4861 you recommended, I couldn't find a clear answer.

I would appreciate any answers or advice to my questions.

Thank you.

> The basic structure of the program is the code generated by TouchGFX, and it has been confirmed that it works well in STM32F429I-EVAL.

Then find the differences between your board and STM32F429I-EVAL and work from that. Try to simplify code to avoid external memory, first on the EVAL and then on your board. Observe signals on the LCD using oscilloscope/LA.

JW

Hwoo-
Associate II

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I solved the problem.

The problem was that there was something wrong with the datasheet.

(DISP pin was marked as NC)

For DE or SYNC mode, connect the DE pin to GND when using it as SYNC.

​Hwoo