cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there any video tutorial for F469 discovery board ?

MNapi
Senior III

I see that there is integration with Cube IDE and Touch GFX. But I need to figure out how to set it up. I see a lot of demos showing the fancy graphic but it is usless if nobody shows how to actually write the code. I see a lot of people get discouraged if you cannot find out how to start with some basic code.

I downloaded latest cube IDE and Touch GFX, it will not compile simple the code, I get bunch of errors.

27 REPLIES 27

45.000 emloyees, actually. And about 8 guys working on touchgfx.

"downloaded latest cube IDE and Touch GFX, it will not compile simple the code, I get bunch of errors."

You need to more specific if anyone is supposed to help :) Did you read anything on support.touchgfx.com or do what @Luca suggested?

/Martin

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

HI,

Sorry if it was difficult to get started. We are making new video tutorials for the latest versions and will put them online soon. (edit: maybe should not have said soon)

We have recently updated our documentation as well, please have a look if you have any issue understanding the concept behind some widget or need some help creating a project for your custom board. You also have tutorials to help you discover the tool and how to run a STM32 kit.

/Romain

I agree with you MNapi, I spended a lot of days only to understand how to use the CubeIDE, TouchGFX and so on.. I don't know if this is really usefull for my future job. 

ST seminars, video and presentations are really unusefull because they show the same things that are in the datasheet. In the specific, the TouchGFX framework is really difficult to use with a custom hardware, I have posted some questions about on how I run a TouchGFX app on my custom hardware, but I haven't received any usefull answers, so I have abadonend this project.

Now I have bought a f469-discovery board, and now I use STemWin framework to do my projects.. 

As someone coding on 6502, Z80 and 68000 platforms in the early 1980's I can attest to tutorial videos NOT being a thing..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I should probably move to YouTube, likely pays better.

Where can I cash in my points?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@MNapi​, let me know if you want some help with whatever problem you're having. I'll even offer you a private screen-sharing session with yours truly.

/Martin

Hi Martin I would really appreciate the help if you can to start this project. I have this board 32F469. I see it is a good board I like it.

I loaded some samples directly from TouchGFX (run target), it is working. I opened the sample program LCD_Paint from STM32_Cube_FW_4_V1.25.0 in Keil. I loaded it from Keil and it is working fine.

But I cannot get it working from CubeIDE + TouchGFX. I followed this guy on youtube it complies without any errors but I cannot load the program. CubeIDE is erasing the old program but the new will not work the screen is black.

I also tried simple LED blink to test

HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOK, GPIO_PIN_3);

HAL_Delay(1000);

HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOD, GPIO_PIN_4);

HAL_Delay(1000);

It does not work.

I also need to find code to draw object for example in while() loop like lines, circles. Once I have it setup in TouchGFX and CubeIDE. This is all I need to start a few projects with this board. The rest of the code is easy for me to do.

Which version of the application template are you using? Can you debug in CubeIDE to see what the application is doing? The Video you're referring to is getting quite old - I'm not sure how accurate it is.

/Martin

If you send your project i could easily test it on a board here.

/Martin

I am using the latest, just downloaded. CubeIDE 1.3.0, TouchGFX 4.13.0, STM32CubeProgrammer API v2.4.0

I see message loaded successfully, I see some FLASH, RAM usage and nothing happens. AT least the LED should be blinking.

I see that Romain mentioned that you are working on some videos. It is the best way to help people to start, I just follow you step by step on the video. For you guys it is like 30 min to do the video. For me it is a new thing I have to learn from scratch and it takes long time without help.