cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the L8_ARGB8888 image format supported for Shapes widget? If not, will it be in the future?

scottSD
Senior III

Let me preface this question by saying I appreciate the new L8 (indexed) color support for many of the widgets. This includes the support for L8s in dynamic bitmaps.

I attempted to use an image formatted to L8_ARGB8888 in a shape widget. The code compiled, but when running on the simulator I received the following assert:

0690X00000AsD78QAF.png

The painter for the shape is not instantiated as an L8_ARGB8888, but a PainterRGB8888Bitmap as seen in the gui_generated Screen1ViewBase.hpp file:

0690X00000AsDCwQAN.png

Does the shape widget support the PainterARGB8888L8Bitmap? If not will it support it in the future?

36 REPLIES 36

Looks like we missed this one because the main focus was getting ready for CubeMX 5.5.0 / TouchGFX HAL Generator. The good news is that we can now release as often as we want without having to align with others, and i'm pretty sure we're already prioritizing this particular bug.

Gonna go have a chat with the designer boys now!

scottSD
Senior III

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I am just checking if the fix for this will be included in the next TouchGFX Release?

I ran into it again and then I remembered it is a bug in the TouchGFX Designer.

At least there is a work-around. =)

And...any idea when the next release might be?

Anyone attempting this for newer version of the tools should know that the process is different (and simpler) because the tools generate the TouchGFX/target directory structure differently.

Stm32CubeIDE 1.3.1

Stm32CubeMX

TouchGFX 4.13.0

Note that I am setting up for an Stm32H743 so my changes are "h7xx" and anyone changing for a different processor will need to change that accordingly.

Steps are as follows:

1. Add copies of ChromArtDMA.cpp and ChromArtDMA.hpp to the target/generated folder.
  2. Edit ChromArtDMA.cpp to include "stm32h7xx_hal.h" and "stm32h7xx_hal_dma2d.h" instead of "stm32l4xx_hal.h" and "stm32l4xx_hal_dma2d.h".
  3. Edit target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.cpp to include "ChromArtDMA.hpp" instead of "STM32DMA.hpp".
  4. Edit target/generated/TouchGFXConfiguration.cpp to change the “dma�? variable from an STM32F7DMA to a ChromArtDMA.

I should also state that this thread is similar to the following thread:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000007XLbHSAW/why-does-animating-an-l8-image-take-significantly-longer-than-a-standard-image?t=1591218454283

FBena.1
Associate II

Hello FBena.1,

Sorry but I don't really understand your answer. What is LCD8bpp_LUt8.h ? Where do you find it ?

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Sorry, i don't know why this post is here honestly

I don't know if it is possible to delete it