cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use TouchGFX + ST7735S controller on an STM32L412K8U6?

WPazH
Associate II

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I will be using TouchGFX, and I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible. Additionally, considering that the MCU has only 64k of flash and 40k of RAM, is this integration feasible?.

5 REPLIES 5
MM..1
Chief II

64k flash isnt for TGFX 

Honestly, for my first outing, I'd pick something else, with adequate resources and prebuilt / working examples.

If you just want to paint the screen the L4 would likely be fine, line, circles and font tables will eat some space.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
WPazH
Associate II

Hello @MM..1  & @Tesla DeLorean 

I've been reading the documentation, and you're right; there's very little flash memory and RAM to use it with TouchGFX. What other GUI development tool that consumes fewer resources could you recommend? Do you think I should switch to a different MCU?

I don't know your budget or requirements. I'd probably suggest starting with a DISCO board that is feature and function rich, work the examples, code a quick proof-of-concept on those, and once you're comfortable with the size and resources necessary make some part choices based on budgets and expectations.

PoC are good for determining what management actually want, and some of the costs and trade-offs they are willing to make to get the product they want, at the price point they seek.

Also good to understand the process, what's reusable, what's not, and eliminate a lot of rework later because they envisioned something else.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32u5a9j-dk.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

ST7735 have framebuffer memory then you can use partial buffer communiction. Low RAM footprint is possible, but for elements and code flash is req. Based on your requirements for gui 320kB and more