cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing STM32F746G-DISCO with B-CAMS-OMV

eeeeee
Associate III

Hi ST,

Currently I'm working on a project where I would like to use a camera and project the image on the LCD of the discovery board.

Now I know that the B-CAMS-OMV should be interfaceable with every STM32 MCU, but I can't seem to get it to work. I tried the BSP project that came with the STM32F746G-DISCO and added the 'Camera_demo' function from camera.c to the main.c file. Because the B-CAMS-OMV is equipped with the ov5640 sensor, I changed the I2C address to 0x78 and replaced all the instances of ov9655 with ov5640. This however, does not work.

Any chance someone could point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eeeeee
Associate III

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​,

Thanks for picking up this question. We purchased the STM32H747-DISCO board, that one was directly compatible with the B-CAMS-OMV.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @eeeeee​ ,

I recommend you to debug your project and try to identify where is it sticking.

If possible to provide more details on your case. Have you an error message?

Try review a similar STM32F746 project, this will help you on your implementation.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hi @eeeeee​ ,

Do you have still this problem to solve? In this case, please provide more information to understand the cause.

If your issue is solved, it will be interesting to share with us the solution you found.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
eeeeee
Associate III

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​,

Thanks for picking up this question. We purchased the STM32H747-DISCO board, that one was directly compatible with the B-CAMS-OMV.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

WParr.1
Associate II

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Thank you for your input however this still doesnt clear up the steps nescassary to integrate the B-CAMS-OMV module with the STM32F746 board. I am also having a similar issue. According to the STM specification for the B-CAMS-OMV "The camera module bundle is compatible with all STM32 Discovery kits and Evaluation boards featuring a ZIF connector" this is true of the STM32F746 board, and the pinout appears to align fine.

In the project I am building basing code from the camera example provided in the stmcube example repository, but cannot get the camera to initilaise using the STM32F746g BSP and changing '/stm32746g_discovery_camera.c' to use the componenet driver ov5640, instead of the oringal ov9655.

The error appears to occur at the i2c initialisation point:

if(ov5640_ReadID(CAMERA_I2C_ADDRESS) != OV5640_ID)

and simly returns the flag:

"CAMERA_NOT_SUPPORTED"

I can only presume either the BSP code for stm32746g_discovery_camera.c is either incorrect for the board, or the ov5640 component driver is broken or incompatible with the B-CAMS-OMV.

It would be great to get an updated BSP for STM32F746g including a camera example for the B-CAMS-OMV module as this board is still in production and the older camera module that this BSP is confugured for is now obsolete, forcing prototypers to buy the B-CAMS-OMV module with no working code available.

If we could get any further help with this, or an updated BSP that wold be extremely handy.

Thank you