cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Parallel RGB LCD

Ofaro.1
Associate II

Hi,

At this stage I have tried everything but the LCD is not showing any graphics.

I have created the project in the STMCubeIDE and configured the LTDC & frame buffer parameters as shown in the pics.

I have also added the fmc initialization code in the main loop.

Could anyone kindly direct me in the right direction? Really thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Ofaro.1
Associate II

One more thing, LCD driver is ST7282. Attached are the details.

I'm wondering do I need to LCD driver for it or I don't need it if I'm using RGB Parallel LTDC configurations.

MM..1
Chief II

Start LTDC only , no FMC, no Touchgfx

Layer 0 Framebuffer place into internal RAM .

Check obvious things like pins and clocks. Both at a basic configuration level, and that for example the clocking of the display is occurring. Back-light powered, etc.

Assume no one here is familiar with the specifics of your board, or the STM32 part you're using.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ofaro.1
Associate II

Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for not providing info regarding the controller, currently, I'm testing the LCD on STM32F429I-DISC1 by removing its onboard LCD.

Turned out the LCD which I was using for somehow not displaying any data (only backlight was working as I was providing power externally to it) and when I changed to another LCD it started displaying blue color while in touchGFX it was red. and If I add any text or button it just shows some random colour.

My question is, this garbage colour is it because of a wrongly configured frame buffer or something else?

One more thing I encountered is all of a sudden compiler is giving an error for region flash overflowed, while there's only one screen on it and nothing else.

Really appreciate any feedback.