cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image and Text quality is lost

BGuth.1
Senior

Hi,

For the application I am building in TouchGFX, the image and text quality is very good and crisp in developed screen. However, the quality/resolution is not retained in simulation. Below are the before and after pictures.

In this picture, both the "Welcome" text and the button label "Continue" are very crisp. This is from development screen in TouchGFX.

0693W00000AQ5KSQA1.pngPicture below is from simulation window. As can be seen, both the texts are not as crisp as above picture. This loss of quality is observed with images too (compare the blue button image itself).

Please advice what settings I might be missing.

0693W00000AQ5KhQAL.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello @BGuth.1​ ,

Have you fixed your issue ?

By default, TouchGFX should work perfectly on simulator.

Maybe as indicated by MM.1, your computer does not allow the right resolution for the simulator application of TouchGFX. I've never encountered this issue and I used TouchGFX on many computers so I cannot tell you exactly what is wrong. It can be your display scaling.

Try to search on Google about "low resolution issue on some application on Windows".

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JJ.Lin
Associate III

well, I met the same problem like you do.I just wrote a programe to transform the source image to cpp arrary and found some differences. Then I replace it with my the generated array, but it made no changes. I don`t know what to do ,maybe hardware config problem. If you make it ,tell me please.

I think I have solved my problem now, I add the my own LTDC init function after that Cube generated and it excutes twice, I remove my own fun and it run well.You can check you pix format of touchgfx and MX configuration,also the RGB IO pins.

Hi @JJ.Lin​ ,

Thank you for your reply. My issue is happening with simulation and not with a hw. So, no IO pins. Also, the text "Welcome" and the button label "Continue" in my pictures are standard TuchGFX widgets.

May I know what pix format of touchgfx are you using?

What MX configuration are you using?

MM..1
Chief II

Maybe you dont understand how PC display correct in application screen resolution. But simulator or hw not have this correction or use other based on for example settings in Text resources font setup. For example bits per pixel in font window setup how deep will be text antialiased usw. Too learn what is DPI...

Well, my pixel format is RGB565 and resolution is 800 x 480. So the color depth is 16bits.Maybe you can check this..0693W00000BZZjtQAH.png

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello @BGuth.1​ ,

Have you fixed your issue ?

By default, TouchGFX should work perfectly on simulator.

Maybe as indicated by MM.1, your computer does not allow the right resolution for the simulator application of TouchGFX. I've never encountered this issue and I used TouchGFX on many computers so I cannot tell you exactly what is wrong. It can be your display scaling.

Try to search on Google about "low resolution issue on some application on Windows".

/Alexandre

It seems it is my computer. I finally go the target board and graphics looks fine on LCD. I was concerned if it was going to look the same way as it looked on my computer.

Hello BGuth.1,

Good ^^

Then if your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best for the relevant message.

/Alexandre