cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I struggle to find a "cookbook" on how to attack the TouchGFX and implementation with CubeIDE.

BJens.1
Associate III

To start best of with a project I think it is good practice to start with a Discovery Kit, this way I know the hardware is configured, and there are no surprises there. In this case I have the STM32H7B3I-DK and the STM32H735G-DK.

I can start a project in TouchGFX. But I have found different ways to open it in CubeIDE, and depending on how you open it, you have different file structures. Why?

I would like to start a project by generating a start template in "stand-alone-mode" in designer. Make a background and then run it on target and see that a screen shows up as expected on target.

Then I would like to open the generated code in CubeIDE and from within the IDE open the *.ioc file and the TouchGFX file and from within CubeIDE do all my programming.

But it seems that no matter how I do things, the screen ends up black when compiling code and uploading.

Has anybody a foolproof way of starting off a TouchGFX project with HAL support so it can actually do stuff on the CPU (connecting to the surrounding world with GPIOs and such)?

Using

TouchGFX 17.0

CubeIDE 1.7

CubeMX 6.3 with MCU package 1.9.0

Which to my knowledge all are the latest.

2 REPLIES 2
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello BJens.1,

First try to use CubeMX 6.2.1, this could remove some struggle if any. 6.3 is the newest version and the TBS (Board Setups) are not yet using CubeMX 6.3 (at the time of this message normally).

Then here is how I test a board quickly with Designer, CubeIDE and CubeMX

• Open Designer
  • Choose your TBS (for you it's STM32H7B3I-DK for example)
  • Create project
  • Make some simple UI (Box, Image, Button)
  • Generate code in Designer
  • Open CubeIDE
  • Go to your file explorer and double click on the .project file in the STM32CubeIDE/ folder
    • This will automatically open the project in your already opened CubeIDE instance
  • Build and Download/Debug

If you want to modify parameters of the board or add peripherals

• Open CubeMX
  • Select "open project" and select the right .ioc file
  • Do your changes
  • Generate code in CubeMX
  • Generate code in TouchGFX Designer
  • Changes already made in CubeIDE so you can already compile and see for yourself

/Alexandre

BJens.1
Associate III

Sorry about my late answer, I had to attend to some work that suddenly came about.

Thank you, I'll try to go that path.

/Bent