cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am developing a numeric keypad and I need to have a backspace key. I'm using Flex buttons and I want the character specified by "U+232B" to show up on the button. How do I enter this in a "Text Visual Element".

RGate.2
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

You can CTRL C on any place with character for example here "⌫" U+232B: Erase To The Left (Unicode Character) (unicodeplus.com) or i use Character map and paste in text area

RGate.2
Associate II

Thank you. It didn't occur to me to copy and paste and that was easy and worked in TouchGFX.

0693W00000WKAOuQAP.pngThe issue now is that TouchGFX doesn't include the character in the .CPP file for the font and so it displays the default character.

0693W00000WKAOzQAP.pngI tried several things to make it work but was not successful. In the last attempt, I created a new typography in TouchGFX using the "Courier New Bold" font. I set the Fallback Characters to an asterisk (*). I generated the code in TouchGFX and it added "Font_courbd_60_4bpp_0.cpp" to my project. When I open that file, the the asterisk character is included. If I have to, I can do it graphicly, but I would rather just enter the character normally.

MM..1
Chief II

You mst use font that have this character. For example Arial Unicode MS

FONT_TABLE_LOCATION_FLASH_PRAGMA
KEEP extern const touchgfx::GlyphNode glyphs_ARIALUNI_TTF_40_4bpp[] FONT_TABLE_LOCATION_FLASH_ATTRIBUTE = {
    {     0, 0x003F,  20,  28,  28,   1,  22,   0,   0, 0x00 },
    {   280, 0x0041,  27,  28,  28,   0,  27,   0,   0, 0x00 },
    {     0, 0x232B,  35,  24,  24,   2,  40,   0,   0, 0x00 }
};

ERASE TO THE LEFT (U+232B) Font Support (fileformat.info)

RGate.2
Associate II

Thank you very much. The Arial Unicode font is not on my computer but I am looking for a safe site to get it from now. Once I find that, I should be good to go.

RGate.2
Associate II

Well, I downloaded and installed "Arial Unicode MS.ttf" and specified it in TouchGFX and it still doesn't work.

I test in 4.20 and simulator no problem

RGate.2
Associate II

The TouchGFX simulator fails to compile my project because it's looking for some include files that it doesn't have access to, so I don't know if it works there or not. I ended up making two new button backgrounds with the erase to left symbol embedded in that. It works and it looks fine. Again, thank you for your assistance.