cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 6 bpp Color depth

hlian.1
Associate II

Hello Martin,

My project is using 8-color memory LCD, which only supports 3 BPP format. I found that touchgfx supports 6 BPP, which may simplify my code. But I found 24, 16, 8, 4, 2 and 1 bit options in touchgfx4.13. How to use the 6 BPP option? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

6-bit applications use the 8-bit LCD classes, so you'll have an 8-bit framebuffer and a 6-bit display. Currently, TouchGFX Generator cannot generate a chromart/DMA2D driver for you that properly handles L8 image formats but this will be part of the next release sprint (4.14.0) now that we're done with documentation and almost upgraded all the application templates.

/Martin

hlian.1
Associate II

Thank you for your reply.

Is there any plan for touchgfx to directly support 3 bit color memory LCD in the future? I'm doing low-power system display applications. The memory LCD and e-lnk have great advantages in this field。

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

No immediate plan, but not saying there couldn't be one 🙂 Right now we support 1 bpp, 2- and 4-bit grayscale in that lower end.

hlian.1
Associate II

Thank you again. I hope to support 3-bit color memory LCD in the future. We design very low-power products in instruments field. If more low-power products appear in the future, global warming will be alleviated. =)

Hi Martin 🙂

Any informations about timeline / release date of 4.14.0 ? Can´t await new features 😉

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

That sounds great! 🙂 We will do our best to support you in your climate-saving endeavours!

No timeline yet. We are just starting planning now. A careful guess would be end of June.