cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use Hangul's(Korean) Unicode fonts?

ikassma
Senior

hi dear.

I am making a QWERTY Korean input method.

It was confirmed that Unicode is used to express characters using the touchGFX designer. However, Font can only output codes in EUC_KR. In the case of the Korean input method, one code is produced by combining, but one complete code is produced through a combination of 2 to 4 codes. Even during the combination, it is necessary to express the letters, but this is a problem because the entire font of Unicode cannot be output. For example, the word "hoho". When this is input as an input device, the screen output order should be displayed as 'ㅎ'-> '호'-> '홓'-> '호호'. However, '홓' is in the Unicode Font but not in EUC_KR, so it is treated as Blank. How can I solve these problems ????

If you input "홓" in TouchGFX Designer Resource, nothing is displayed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thank for your answer.

I implemented Korean's Automata. Therefore, it is possible to process Unicode for characters being input in the middle. I solved the problem elsewhere. The TTF font I am using does not have some Unicode glyphs. That was the problem and I solved it by changing the TTF font.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

TouchGFX is not aware of this. For korean it can only look up unicodes as specified by the text-sheet. If you want to do anything specifically when facing a combination of characters, you'll have to write code to manally pick the ones from the generated font files that you need.

/Martin

thank for your answer.

I implemented Korean's Automata. Therefore, it is possible to process Unicode for characters being input in the middle. I solved the problem elsewhere. The TTF font I am using does not have some Unicode glyphs. That was the problem and I solved it by changing the TTF font.