cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP IN CHOOSING A SCREEN STM32F746G-DISCO

Patryk_Kucia
Associate II

Good morning, I'm quite new when it comes to TFT displays, I'm starting my adventure with STM32F746G-DISCO. I would like to design a similar HMI display (which does not need touch functionality) with the same dimensions of 4.3". From what I read, RK043FN48H-CT672B, i.e. the display in the discovery board uses the RGB protocol using LTDC. I would like to ask for help in selecting such a display and what should be paid attention to when writing the library and designing the PCB itself. I also wanted to ask if there are any displays in this size with an existing library

9 REPLIES 9
SofLit
ST Employee

Related topic: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-touchgfx-and-gui/stm32f746g-disco-display-datasheet/td-p/472172

Also refer to the AN4861 "Introduction to LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs" . It may help.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Look into the Drivers\BSP\Components directory for existing driver support.

The screen on the F746G-DISCO may well have been custom specified, and I suspect out-of-production in it's original form.

If you want the same resolution, not the same thing as physical size, then the chip is well capable of supporting most.

The pixel clock being the main limiting factor on STM32 parts (resolution * colour depth * refresh), and the bandwidth of the frame buffer memory.

Certainly several vendors who are focused on LCD Panels.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for your answer, I have one more thing that I can't understand, what is the difference between FSMC and FMC and LTDC. I can't understand which protocol we use in screens with their own controller and which in internal control via stm

Hello @Patryk_Kucia ,

We wrote an article about it in our documentation website, I invite you to have a look at it 🙂

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello @Patryk_Kucia ,

What's the status of your project? Did you have time to look at the documentation?

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello,

I chose 4inch display with nt35510 controller. Im witing for STM32F407G-DISC1 dev board, i want to use FSMC. PCB design after testing on dev board 🙂 

Not sure that has sufficient exposed pins for external memory and doesn't support SDRAM.

Perhaps other more capable boards supporting panels. Like FK429M1

It has 192 Kbytes of SRAM idk if it will be enaught?

Which board, enough for what resolution?

The FK429M1 has 16MB of SDRAM

800x480 x3 (24-bpp) = 1.1MB for a single frame buffer