cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware mistake and LTDC remapping solution wanted!

Msolinas
Senior

Hello everyone, I have a big problem with the hardware. I designed the hardware before dealing with the Cubemx. Starting from a circuit that worked, I mistakenly thought that giving the system RGB666 from RGB888 meant giving bits 0 to 6 R0...R6, G0..G6, B0..B6. I then connected the two bits of the display R0, R1, G0, G1, B0 B1 to ground, as shown in the figure. But I have the problem that everything is wrong.Is it possible to remap LTDC so I can see everything properly?

Thanks for your help.Disp Schematic.png

dispConn.png

14 REPLIES 14
Msolinas
Senior

Ok very strange, this depend from order in touchgfx add screen, as you can see, if I change the order, it appair or not.. 

base.pngIMG_20230910_145242897.jpgIMG_20230910_145123542.jpg

I dont see way. I work with touchgfx more as 5 years from ver 4.10 and every release have own "buggs"...

Too you dont write how you correct palete array. You can see this in target generated c files. L8 is indexed RGB888 format.

I'v no corrected array, this is result by default. I found the problem for text scretch and was in RAM buffer config. Do you mean LCD8bpp_CLUT? thanks for your intrest.

When you dont correct CLUT then colors isnt OK for your hw..., but usable

I can do this later, now I have time to fix the HW and also run a demo! Thanks for your help, you saved my life. I am a senior engineer for power systems, inverter and motor control, if you need help all you have to do is ask! THANK YOU!