cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FrameBuffer being populated incorrectly?

Hafez1
Associate III

Hi. Using a STM32L4R9I-Discovery board with a connected ST7789VI screen. I'm trying to display a design I made in TouchGFX, yet I'm getting some distortion in the middle and quite a bit of misalignment where the bottom part of the screen is on the top and the top is on the bottom. ALso, I've noticed that the right and left sides of the screen sometimes get mixed up. 

I initially thought it was the flushing that was the issue, but I printed the framebuffer content pre-flushing and I noticed that I had corrupt/missing pixel data around where I'm experiencing the distortion (pictures attached). Can anyone help out please?

11 REPLIES 11

Hello @Hafez1,

X-NUCLEO-GFX01M2 AZ1 Display Module uses the same display driver. Therefore, you can draw inspiration from the available TouchGFX Board Setups (TBSs) that use GFX01M2. For instance, you can take a look at the TBS for NUCLEO-H503RB or NUCLEO-G071RB

NUCLEO-H503RB + GFX01M2NUCLEO-H503RB + GFX01M2

In addition, there are a number of documentation on how to set up a display using SPI interface that can guide you:

How to display data using internal RAM and SPI 

FMC and SPI display interfaces 

Synchronize Framebuffer Access 

I hope this helps you!

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
Hafez1
Associate III

Hi Mohamed. Thank you for your response! I'm capable of displaying custom created coded designs on this new screen; however, when I try to use a TouchGFX-made design I get screens like the one attached above. I've printed the Framebuffer output, and for some reason some of it is corrupt and misaligned.

One thing that you should consider is your display rotation. Usually, the ST7789VI screen's default orientation is portrait, so you also need to configure your display as portrait, and based on the screenshot you've shared, it appears that your display is in landscape. 

Display Orientation SettingsDisplay Orientation Settings

See if this change can help you!

Mohammad MORADI
Hafez1
Associate III

Hi Mohammad. Thank you for your response. I've updated the orientationon TouchGFX before and in my display driver I have a rotation function that I use as well. It doesn't fix the issue though with the distortion and missing data.

Hello @Hafez1,

I expected that it won't fix the issue.

Is it possible to share your STM32CubeMX project? 

Mohammad MORADI
MM..1
Chief II

@Hafez1 wrote:

Hi. Using a STM32L4R9I-Discovery board with a connected ST7789VI screen.

missing info how connected and how strategy? For example if SPI then recom partial buffer strategy usw...

Hi Mohammad. Here it is. https://we.tl/t-drfllT2C1T

SPI

Hi. This is the whole project. I tried partial buffering and I receive the same output https://we.tl/t-GaPNzhXyUr