cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame buffer allocation aborts program

paolog
Associate III

I'm testing TouchGFX on an STM32WB55 Nucleo Board. I configured the board using CubeMX, and designed a very simple screen in TouchFGX 4.18. I'm using an SPI LCD with ARGB222 format, and a partial buffer (just 1 block of 20 lines). Variable 'memory' is correctly allocated when debugging (MDK_ARM).

Returning from allocateBlock(), the program goes into abort() function (called by _ZN8touchgfx3HAL27configurePartialFrameBufferEtttt).

Am I missing something from the configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paolog
Associate III

Ok... looking at the source of simulator I found out that the assertion is coming from the fact that "REFRESH_STRATEGY_PARTIAL_FRAMEBUFFER only supports 16bit or 24bit framebuffer". I missed that in reading the documentation...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
paolog
Associate III

I'm still stuck into this. I changed the board and the development system, but the problem is still there. CubeMX IDE shows that the problem comes from an assertion at the beginning of library function touchgfx::HAL::configurePartialFrameBuffer().

Is there any chance to know what is checked in that assertion?

paolog
Associate III

Ok... looking at the source of simulator I found out that the assertion is coming from the fact that "REFRESH_STRATEGY_PARTIAL_FRAMEBUFFER only supports 16bit or 24bit framebuffer". I missed that in reading the documentation...