cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ellipsis character doesn't work

SLuo.2
Associate III

When I put a long text in a small text area, the ellipsis doesn't appear, and the text is directly truncated,version is 4.19.10693W00000LygoqQAB.png0693W00000LygolQAB.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @SLuo.2​ ,

The implementation of ellipsis characters in TouchGFX could be quite tricky to understand.

Let us check if you included everything to make it work :

• In Screen1View.cpp, did you call the setWideTextAction() function ? It will enable you to automatically wrap long text lines. You can find example of that in the documentation.
  • In your TouchGFXDesigner screenshot, I noticed that you wanted to print three-dots "..." character. Unfortunately, only one character is allowed for ellipsis. But, if you really want to display those three dots. you can write "0x2026" in this field, which is the hex code for those symbols.0693W00000Lyj8nQAB.png

Let me know if that helped you,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @SLuo.2​ ,

The implementation of ellipsis characters in TouchGFX could be quite tricky to understand.

Let us check if you included everything to make it work :

• In Screen1View.cpp, did you call the setWideTextAction() function ? It will enable you to automatically wrap long text lines. You can find example of that in the documentation.
  • In your TouchGFXDesigner screenshot, I noticed that you wanted to print three-dots "..." character. Unfortunately, only one character is allowed for ellipsis. But, if you really want to display those three dots. you can write "0x2026" in this field, which is the hex code for those symbols.0693W00000Lyj8nQAB.png

Let me know if that helped you,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

oh,Thanks!

Is because I ignored the setWideTextAction() function.