cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download of Touch GFX Demo failed on TouchGFX 4.17.0

HMhas.1
Associate II

I am completely new to stm development. I installed latest version of stm32cube IDE and touch GFX 4.17.0. I have STM32f429I Dicovery board on which i wish to start on. However whenever i select the board and say create a example. The download goes till 33 & and fails ".

Can anybody help me, i am completely new to stm32 ecosystem. Also i am not able to create a new blank project for the board the error says "combination of stm32f429I & Blank UI failed.

12 REPLIES 12
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of your error?

Open an internet browser (like Google Chrome) on the side and try to download a demo again.

/Romain

0693W00000CzzelQAB.pngYes i tried to do so by opening google chrome, but still the problem remains.

Could you share the log file under the %appdata%/roaming/TouchGFX-4.17.0

What OS are you using TouchGFX on by the way ?

/Romain

Kindly find the log file.

Are you able to create a project without a demo ?

/Romain

Sometimes i am able to sometimes i am not. Today again i am not download any example/demo project for any board. The download directly goes to 33% and fails. I have a strong net connection here in my office.

Ec1
Associate II

0693W00000DnKqbQAF.pngHello, I downloaded the new version. but I can't create project. I'm getting an error. I added the picture. Can you help me?

Hi,

Try to close TouchGFX Designer and then open Internet Explorer (not Chrome or firefox) and Designer again.

When you face this issue and have the button "Create" greyed out, you can just either change the name or select another board then select the one you want again after in order to try again.

/Romain

Ec1
Associate II

I did what you said. I turned everything off. I opened internet explorer. Then I ran GFXDesign. But I still get the same error. What does this error mean? What does it have to do with internet explorer? What does he mean here?