cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does TouchGFX support mbed framework?

AMege
Associate II

Currently TouchGFX generates code (my target is a STM32F469 DISCOVERY board) that is based on the ST CubeMX framework. Is the 'mbed' framework on the roadmap, since I like it *a lot* better.

19 REPLIES 19

"our application templates"

Ok, good, now we're making progress!

Please create a template that supports mbed, or explain to me how to do it.

I don't know mbed, specifically, so i probably won't be spending time creating an mbed port 🙂

I'm not really sure what constructs are available from mbed that we'd need - Would you also be using mbed OS, in this case? All in all, it can be a lot of work and not just a simple explanation, but i'll try to assist if you're interested in doing that work.

/Martin

Well, I guess I know the answer now to my initial question :sad_but_relieved_face:, the answer is no and it's not on your roadmap.

AMege
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​  just to enlighten you about mbed, the STM32F469DISCOVERY board is supported: https://os.mbed.com/platforms/ST-Discovery-F469NI/

It's not, sorry. But, as i said, if you want to do the work i'll try to assist.

/Martin

AMege
Associate II

Hi @AMege​!

Yes, there are quite a lot of STM32 boards supported. As it is discussed in the other thread you shared, camerons suggestion is exactly what you should do. Start with the mbed port for your board and then integrate TouchGFX. I can assist with that if you're willign to do the work.

/Martin

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

I would like to give this a try with my STM32F429 Disco board. As this board is also supported with Mbed.

I would like some route map and suggestions on how can i proceed with this.

Thanks,

Aashik

Hi,

Back from summer vacation here. Did you progress on your own?

Okay, before getting into the details here are some basic things you need to get done. And i think you should inspect some of the application templates available from the designer to also get an idea yourself. We should probably take it slow to not get information overload.

1) Start your GUI task. Check main.cpp for how to enter the TouchGFX main event loop from your task.

2) You need to configure RAM for one or more framebuffers

3) You need to configure the NOR flash if you want to display images, but you could start with a single internal framebuffer and internal flash for a very simple application just to get started.

4) You need to drive TouchGFX forward by signaling vsync. Check the F429_HAL.cpp from the F429-DISCO application template through the designer how to do this.

/Martin

Any update on your end on this?

/Martin