cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer: When a custom container is deleted, its code files are not deleted.

HTD
Senior III

Let's say I have a custom container with my custom code.

It is exported, so I can import it any time.

However, when I delete the container, the code files remain in the project. That prevents importing the container again. I have to manually delete the files to import the control. Also, unused files clutter the project.

When a user deletes the custom container, it should be deleted completely. If the code files are needed - they can be backed up either manually, or with exporting the custom container to a file.

1 REPLY 1
HTD
Senior III

I have only TouchGFX Designer running. No other apps except the web browser.

Here's what I do:

HTD_0-1702072875853.pngHTD_1-1702072930359.png

And what I get:

HTD_2-1702072967513.png

That resides in `TouchGFX/gui/src/containers/` directory. No other program is blocking it from being deleted.

I can delete it myself, but it's an extra step. Then the next extra tedious step is to delete its header file that lives in a separate includes directory. It would be so much better if the Designer just delete the file that belongs to a container that is being deleted. This is its main code file, it is generated as an empty template by the designer, but it is not modified by the designer later on. And this is probably the root cause of the problem - there should be one exception to the rule of not touching those files by the Designer: when either a custom container or a screen is deleted.

Imagine replacing the component with a different version of it: the flow should be as follows: delete the old container, import the new container, done. Now it doesn't work that way. You have to delete the old container, open container source directory, delete its code file, open container include directory, delete its header file. Then you can import the new container. Otherwise the import will fail complaining the code files exist.