cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle and Shape Widget not the correct color on the LCD

psilvaggio
Associate III

The circles and shape widgets in my application do not display the correct color on my LCD, they all show as (looks like) pure white. They appear fine when run in the simulator. Box widget colors are fine, as are images and buttons.

Any clues on why colors appear fine in the simulator but not on the application LCD?

Edit: note this is on TouchGFX version 4.18.0

11 REPLIES 11

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there anything else I need to do to setup the XRGB painter? I didn't find anything in the documentation. I changed the Framebuffer Pixel Format in the TouchGFX Generator to XRGB8888. This has fixed the issue from above but there is a new problem, see below.

0693W00000JOqxOQAT.png 

There is no XRGB option in the LTDC settings, does this matter?

0693W00000JOqvsQAD.png 

Now the Canvas widgets and some text (not shown) has a black outline to it. Problem with pixels with alpha?

0693W00000JOqy2QAD.jpg

psilvaggio
Associate III

I found a workaround for the black outline on Canvas widgets issue which resulted from switching to the XRGB8888 format. If I have a Box widget the size of the entire screen on top of everything else with alpha > 0 (I made it 1 so it didn't affect the look of the rest of the screen), the black outline problem went away and everything looks good. It would still be nice to see a little more explanation/documentation on why ARGB8888 doesn't support non-byte-write, but this is no longer a show-stopper issue.